Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: STRYK B's now available for pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Kveldulf View Post
    I've never imported a firearm but this might be relevant:

I collect swords as well as guns and have bought a number of them from Reliks in London, Ontario, just an hour's drive from me. When I compare Reliks' prices to those of the biggest, best American retailer, I find them usually 70% to 80% higher. Before Christmas I saw a bronze copy of an ancient Greek helmet for sale in the US at a very good closeout price. Since Reliks did not carry it, I paid all the fees to import it. The helmet ended up costing well over double the American price.

Questar, I hope you don't mind me talking about Reliks. They are not a competitor and I suspect that many GunNutz members are also interested in swords, knives, battle axes and the like, and would like to know about them. Good company, all but unique in Canada. No, I am not connected with them except as a customer. If you find it offensive, feel free to delete the company's name or the entire post. Thanks.
    No issues at all posting, sheds some light on things.

All the best,
    Scott

I see they are on the way to the US- any update for when we will see them?

That was one of the best explanations and honest posts I have seen in cgn. Thanks for the honesty, as a us citizen I have imported most of my guns solo, and I can* say this is an accurate representation of the hoops you have to jump through for the cost savings. You could save maybe 200 if you do it yourself, but depending what you are worth per hour, you will eat up that 200 pretty fast as this is a long process for an Individual.

Cheers
    Last edited by Arkangell; 09-17-2017 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Spelling

Not to mention you have to find a store willing to help, these days that's probably the hardest part, buffalo gun centre stopped exporting altogether because it's such a pita!

Quote Originally Posted by cwblackwell88 View Post
    I see they are on the way to the US- any update for when we will see them?
    No updates just yet. Lots of unknowns at the moment like, how many they're getting where everyone is in the pecking order, stuff like that. When we know we'll be letting you know.

Scott

Any updates?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonboy72 View Post
    Any updates?
    Unfortunately no. We've asked for updates but have not received any information beyond 'they're on the way'.

Scott

What is the barrel length of these pistols? Research suggests 4", so I assume they're making 106mm barrels or longer for Canada?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123