Thread: 2017 Shot Show: Sig Sauer Tango6 Tactical Scope Series

2017 Shot Show: Sig Sauer Tango6 Tactical Scope Series

Leupold pretty much set the standard of what it is "tactically" correct with their MK6 scope. The MK6 1-6 and MK6 3-18 ( purchased by the socom) pretty much smack down the spec for tactical scopes of this category. Many manufacturers try to make something in the same vain, but none of them could get to the light weight achieved by Leupold.

Sig Sauer pretty much creates their own lower cost version of the MK6 with the Tango6. With the cheaper Leopold MK6 goes at over 2000 USD at street price, there is a large market where compromised can be made and keep the price between 1000 to 2000 USD. The Sig Tango6 scopes are packed with features. The 3-18X44mm comes with FFP reticle , Locking turret, cant indicator, illumination...etc, for the price difference, the Tango6 is 13 oz heavier than the MK6 and have about 10MOA less in adjustments.

3-18X44mm -34mm tube

The biggest competitor to the 1-6 is probably the vortex Razor HD Gen2. Without holding both scopes side by side I cannot offer much opinion, but the spec sheet shows that the Tango6 is about 5 oz lighter than the Razor HD Gen2. So if price is about the same, it will be a reason to go for the lighter one. In fact, Tango6 offers a horseshoe dot reticle that is similar to Trijicon's ACOG and VCOG, including 300blk reticle , this is a plus point for a scope in this category.

1-6X24mm-30mm tube

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Any pics or info on the Sig red dots?

There are three versions, the H, the S and the T. The spec says 100,000 hours P(with both solar and battery)for the S and the T, and 50,000 hours for the H. They all have 4 different integral reticle options, such as single dot, circle dot, a dot with ballistic dots and dot/ballistic dots-circle. The T version is Submersible to 20m and comes with 1/3 co-witness spacer as will. ( correction - 10 day time settings and 2NV)

They are labelled as assembled in the USA. ( some of the older Romeo models are made in China - to get their federal contracts I guess they have to put certain amount of labour and materials in the US)

Last edited by greentips; 01-28-2017 at 09:13 PM.

Thanks!
    Wonder what the street price of the T model will be?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Do you know the ballpark price for the MK6 3-18? Thanks

Those are some pretty slick optics, haven't really looked into Sig's stuff before. That 1-6...

Quote Originally Posted by Robbs View Post
    Do you know the ballpark price for the MK6 3-18? Thanks
    i asked, the sig rep gave me this 1000 to 2000 USD answer, which I take that he doesn't really know. Best to ask MD Charlton here on the board.

Personally I think it will definitely be cheaper than the lowest Leopold MK6 street price.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer krausb's Avatar
    If these are even close to the optical quality of the Vortex scopes, they will be a run away hit. Looking forward to hearing some first hand reviews and hopefully seeing them on shelves soon.