Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Consignment! Colt Python Double Diamond

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    I see the two gun cased set on Gunbroker for a BIN price of $9k. No takers
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

This is getting to the point of being re-god-dam-diculous.

A premium for a well-made gun? Sure.
    A premium for a popular gun? Sure.
    A premium for an exclusive/rare edition? Sure.

Add up all of those things together and you're still at about 1/3 of $11,000, though, wow.

That said, by definition the value of something is what a transaction exists at in the circumstances.

A Lamborghini out of gas is not worth one coconut on a deserted island, but if someone pays $11,000 for this, that is what it is worth whether we like it or not.
    I don’t have a signature block.

Bar of soap in your mouth , Sir
    God has nothing to do with this gun or it's price.

Super GunNutz
    $11,000,that would be the most expensive Python ever sold,LOL,they are nice revolver,but hardly worth it,a freind has one,but says his S&W 27 is better to actually use,but if you're rich enough,go for it,they sure are nice,

Just the one for sale huh? Aw i wanted 2 for a double wield.
    It's so beautiful. I want to touch it. I promise to wipe my cheese nacho covered fingers first

Uber Super GunNutz Journeyman.ca's Avatar
    All the kidding and shock horror aside. It is nice to see some unusual, rare, unique and dare I say exclusive firearms in the marketplace. It does become terribly boring sifting through endless Glocks, Sigs, and ARs...So, thank you Firearms Outlet for putting this on offer and maybe the next unique piece will be the one that someone on CGN just has to have...
    I support CGN, CSSA (Life), CCFR (Life), Canadian Retailers and Manufacturers. Advocate for your rights in Ottawa and stand against emotional legislation.

As a previous owner of that gun and a Python aficionado who has owned about 60 of them up to now, I can attest how amazing that gun is..... tight , crisp and brand new in the box. $9K in the USA translates to $13K cdn after exchange rate, GST and brokerage fees so actually the gun is priced at market value. ....... Oh what's that?? You're not a collector? So why are you part of the conversation.
    To those who think it is exorbitantly price.... Go find another in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by sailor723 View Post
    The funny thing is, being post strike production, it's probably not all that great of a gun. Not that quality has much to do with value in this case.

There are Pythons in the USA that have touched $40K usd. A 27 better? I've owned both and don't agree but hey.... personal taste is personal taste

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey1 View Post
    $11,000,that would be the most expensive Python ever sold,LOL,they are nice revolver,but hardly worth it,a freind has one,but says his S&W 27 is better to actually use,but if you're rich enough,go for it,they sure are nice,

I'll take 2

If you are stupid enough to pay the price, they are smart enough to allow you to do it and take your money happily...............................

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast