Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: GSG 15 and STG 44 product review

I have fed mine ALL manner of ammo...both quality and cheapie garbage...no issues. It's a bit complicated to clean, but how often you need to clean it depends on ammo quality.
    I get the best results with CCI ammo...mini-mags and velocities give me consistent 1" groups at 50 yards (off bags) with no trouble hitting pop cans at 50-70 yards of the shoulder.
    The size and weight make it feel like a full size military rifle with a 22 conversion kit installed.
    I bought a repro Stg44 sling off of eBay...looks and feels right.

No scope on mine...the iron sights are decent and very precise. Love the nostalgia of carrying and shooting this rifle.

Buy one, and love it!

Business Member Western Metal Inc's Avatar
    GSG15 - $499.99 - no freight charges - ship anywhere in Canada - in stock. Just click the link and get your very own GSG15
    https://www.westernmetal.ca/shooting...rearm-gsg-15-b

STG 44 black - $539.99 - no freight charges - ship anywhere in Canada - in stock. Just click the link and get your very own STG 44 black
    https://www.westernmetal.ca/shooting...ck-gsg-stg44-b

STG 44 wood - $539.99 - no freight charges - ship anywhere in Canada - in stock. Just click the link and get your very own STG 44 wood
    https://www.westernmetal.ca/shooting...od-gsg-stg44-w

CGN Ultra frequent flyer randyhub's Avatar
    Yeah I am picking up a STG44 very soon as well.

I put another 88 rounds through my GSG-15 the other day testing Federal Automatch ammo. I was doing a torture test trying to produce a failure with no such luck

Business Member Western Metal Inc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HirvGotti View Post
    I put another 88 rounds through my GSG-15 the other day testing Federal Automatch ammo. I was doing a torture test trying to produce a failure with no such luck

Great video - thank you.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer shredder's Avatar
    The StG44 is just plain fun to shoot.

Me and a buddy put over 500 rounds downrange and we had very few issues, mostly relating to the magazine(s) and a couple of FTF's (no doubt due to the cheap bulk Federal we were shooting). The magazine is supposed to hold 25 rounds, but we were finding it quite difficult to get to 25, so we'd usually load 22 and just blast away.

The magazine seems to need some break in as well (hardly unusual). As others suggested, a little bit of dry graphite lube down the front and rear of the follower helps. I can't say how hard the mags are to take apart, but there seems to be a lot of screws that have to be undone.

For field-stripping and cleaning, just follow the manual. It's actually very similar to an AR-15, in that the rifle breaks open like a shotgun and there's a bolt carrier riding on rails in the receiver (it is a little more complicated than an AR because you must remove the buttstock - watch out for parts that may fly out - I found that out the hard way )

Like any semi, it needs a little break-in time, but after that, just keep feeding it ammo. Buy one and you won't be able to keep a sh!t-eating grin off your face!!

The only downside I see is that the magazines are a little pricey (to me, anyway).
    Justin Trudeau:

Liar, Thief, Hypocrite.

CGN Regular
    Hello everyone, I'm relative new to the firearms community, I just ordered the GSG 15-22 as my first rifle and I'm trying to decide what sight/scope should I put on it. Not sure if I should purchase a red dot or a low variable power scope like 1-4x or 1-6x. My budget is between 100 and 200 dollars.

I've also read that some scopes are specifically design for the .22 bullet trajectory, is it worth to get one specific for 22?

Does anyone have any recommendations regarding what scope should I get? For now I mostly will use it for indoor range shooting but i would like maybe something that would let me shoot further away if in the future I go to the bush or longer ranges. This is why im thinking maybe would be better to buy the variable 1-6x scope.

What is the effective range of this rifle? Can this rifle be accurate at 100-200 yards with a 1-6x scope? If not is probably just better to go with the red dot instead.

Thanks for helping this noobie!

Quote Originally Posted by adrenaline681 View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm relative new to the firearms community, I just ordered the GSG 15-22 as my first rifle and I'm trying to decide what sight/scope should I put on it. Not sure if I should purchase a red dot or a low variable power scope like 1-4x or 1-6x. My budget is between 100 and 200 dollars.

I've also read that some scopes are specifically design for the .22 bullet trajectory, is it worth to get one specific for 22?

Does anyone have any recommendations regarding what scope should I get? For now I mostly will use it for indoor range shooting but i would like maybe something that would let me shoot further away if in the future I go to the bush or longer ranges. This is why im thinking maybe would be better to buy the variable 1-6x scope.

What is the effective range of this rifle? Can this rifle be accurate at 100-200 yards with a 1-6x scope? If not is probably just better to go with the red dot instead.

Thanks for helping this noobie!
    Great to see more people joining our ranks!
    You can certainly shoot out to 150 yards and be reasonably accurate.
    A RDS is fine for hitting plates out to 100 yards, but if you want to do some "precision" shooting then get a something like a 1-4X, up to a 1-6X. There are decent scopes like that for as little as $150.
    I have an inexpensive 1-4X on a Ruger .22 that is perfectly good for plinking.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

These are both very tempting, but I'm not sold that a pistol grip is worth twice the entry price of a Ruger 10/22 or Remington 597.

It's your money and I don't begrudge how you spend it, I just don't personally get it.
    I don’t have a signature block.

CGN Regular

Talking

I've narrowed it down to this two (Anything over this price goes out of my budget right now):

Barska AC11872 1-4x28 IR SWAT-AR (270 CAD)

Sniper® Tactical Scope 1-4x28 (150 CAD)

I dont mind spending 100 bucks more for a better scope, specially because when I buy my 5.56 AR15 in the future i can use this scope. But i don't really understand the differences and if its worth it paying that extra money.

Can anyone tell me whats the difference between this 2 scopes?
    Or suggest a better alternative within that price range?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by adrenaline681; 02-07-2017 at 09:28 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast