Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: GSG 15 and STG 44 product review

Business Member Western Metal Inc's Avatar

GSG 15 and STG 44 product review

We are hoping that someone who has bought one of these firearms over the past 3 months will be willing to write a product review.
    https://www.westernmetal.ca/shooting...non-restricted
    Name:  GSG-15.jpg
Views: 4207
Size:  22.0 KBName:  GSG_STG44_20_Black_1_1000x1000__48294.1481306039.490.588.jpg
Views: 4222
Size:  28.8 KBName:  STG44wood.jpg
Views: 4220
Size:  15.8 KB

Pretty tight on time, but possibly for the GSG-15
    Planning on living forever. So far, so good!

Not a "review" but for anyone thinking of buying, the STG44 is really a beautiful repro rifle. Very nice quality. It really looks like the real thing...and it's hefty like the original.

My experience is that it's reliable with HV and hyperV ammo although the mags need some break-in and lubrication (however, they are high quality too). Shoulders very nicely. Accuracy is decent, but not great. But who cares? It's very cool and a fun plinker. If you always wanted an STG44 then this would be a good...and realistic...2nd choice.
    (And it looks great beside my dewat Sten Mk.III.)
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

BANNED
    never seen a stg 44 .22 with the black furniture......is this wood or polymer?

Quote Originally Posted by icelink View Post
    never seen a stg 44 .22 with the black furniture......is this wood or polymer?
    It is made with polymer.

Hey gang...

I've had one of the STG44 rifles for quite some time, and it is still among my favourites. Further, if anyone has reservations about a bad trigger, there is an easy fix for it found on Youtube.com

I would be interested in a real user, not a magazine / online publication review, been pondering one of these for a while now.

With regards to the GSG-15 I'm pretty happy with the purchase. I've put over 600 rounds through mine, 8 different types of ammo now and have only had troubles with Remington golden bullets not feeding properly. The construction feels solid, the folding stock has no wiggle. Seems accurate enough although I haven't really taken my time to see just how accurate it can truly be. Gives you a modern sporting gun feel with the low cost of shooting .22 ammo. What's not to like?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0vr4XUKJtc&t
    Last edited by HirvGotti; 02-03-2017 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Added link with approval.

Quote Originally Posted by HirvGotti View Post
    With regards to the GSG-15 I'm pretty happy with the purchase. I've put over 600 rounds through mine, 8 different types of ammo now and have only had troubles with Remington golden bullets not feeding properly. The construction feels solid, the folding stock has no wiggle. Seems accurate enough although I haven't really taken my time to see just how accurate it can truly be. Gives you a modern sporting gun feel with the low cost of shooting .22 ammo. What's not to like? I have made a couple videos on youtube about this gun don't know if I'm allowed to link them in my post, if I am I will edit this to include a link to the one of me shooting it.
    Go ahead and attach your link.

Quote Originally Posted by HirvGotti View Post
    With regards to the GSG-15 I'm pretty happy with the purchase. I've put over 600 rounds through mine, 8 different types of ammo now and have only had troubles with Remington golden bullets not feeding properly. The construction feels solid, the folding stock has no wiggle. Seems accurate enough although I haven't really taken my time to see just how accurate it can truly be. Gives you a modern sporting gun feel with the low cost of shooting .22 ammo. What's not to like?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0vr4XUKJtc&t
    Great video. Thank you.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast