Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How can we ship steel targets for free?

Got my 2-12", 2-10" and 2-8" in a couple days, fast service in my book. Shot 'em and they performed perfectly. My mild steel would get very small dents from 9 mm 115g but this stuff is the real deal, not a mark, just paint them for the next outting. Solid heavy duty hardware too.

Must resist a hostage target, lol.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Order in for a 12" round, a 6" round, an 8" square, and the conduit shoulder thingers!

Can't wait! We had a bunch of big (unknown, some kind of mild steel?) steel in the yard at the machine shop I worked at, so I was making targets out of that. Too soft though. I tried hardening it, but it didn't work out. Not enough carbon I suppose, and my method was a little less than ideal- lol heat it up red hot with a tiger torch, dunk it in a bucket of water. Takes FOREVER to get a 12" round chunk of 5/8" thick mild steel glowing with a tiger torch. Looking forward to having some proper AR500 steel to shoot at, without worrying about big gouges and ricochets and stuff.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

Great deal! I'll get an order in tonight. Thanks.
    "Any idiot can piss on the floor, but it takes a real hero to sh!t on the ceiling." - Maclean Maclean

CGN Regular
    tagged

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Holy crap! Put my order in yesterday, and Glenn dropped it off on my doorstep tonight! Threw in some extra goodies for me as well.

Thanks a lot, phenomenal service!

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

I know nothing about gongs but am eager to try this. Would the AR500 gongs withstand a 50 BMG @ 200 yards hanging from chains?

Quote Originally Posted by i_hanson View Post
    I know nothing about gongs but am eager to try this. Would the AR500 gongs withstand a 50 BMG @ 200 yards hanging from chains?
    Good question. 50 BMG at 200 yards will beat down the target faster than normal. The gong will warp a little, the divots will be deeper than ideal, and the edges will get chipped away. 300 yards is much better. Secret tip: Our website shows only 3/8" thick AR500, but we will (instantly) make any target out of 1/2" for 25% more money; just email me, and the website will invoice you for whatever item you want in 1/2".
    I'm hoping to get out with a friends 50 soon to shoot some video; I'll post it when I get my act together.

PM or email me to discuss further.

Glenn.

What's the taxes suppose to be for shipping to other provinces? Is it gst only? (I believe when adding to cart, it's charging more than gst)

Quote Originally Posted by 1-2-2 View Post
    What's the taxes suppose to be for shipping to other provinces? Is it gst only? (I believe when adding to cart, it's charging more than gst)
    If your province has HST, we are required to collect it on orders shipped there. Recently we updated our store software and the tax rates got reset, with confusing results. As of Sunday night, June 11, all of the tax rates are correct. Sorry if we caused any inconvenience.

Call or email if I can clarify further.
    Glenn.

CGN frequent flyer BadLieutenant's Avatar
    That is what stopped me to order.......waiting on an answer

Quote Originally Posted by 1-2-2 View Post

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast