Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Derya MK12 - better than expected!

Thank you

Would anyone know what brand and sub-type choke the mk12 uses for turkey and rifled deer? Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by xdmer View Post
    For those that have had hands on the MK 10, looks like the MK 12 is the same weight. Does the 8.8 pounds feel that heavy for a shotgun in this configuration?

My MK12 feels lighter and the fore end is more ergonomic. Great shotgun.
    CCFR — CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by 998s View Post
    Would anyone know what brand and sub-type choke the mk12 uses for turkey and rifled deer? Thank you
    Mobil (beretta)
    available at Al's Cornerstore in Arnprior

Quote Originally Posted by 998s View Post
    Mobil (beretta)
    available at Al's Cornerstore in Arnprior

Got my MK-12 today, first impressions, observations, and tiny range report.

Seems to be decent quality with a nice tight fit between the upper and lower, the finish is nice, it came with a lot of oil throughout everything, bolt release is just a little teeter-todder bar without a paddle, it is still functional for both manual lock back and release of the bolt, firing pin is spring loaded, gas system is very simple and easy to take apart, ergonomics are almost identical to an AR and the weight seems light but recoil is very manageable even with 3 inch BB goose loads.
    I mounted my Aimpoint PRO on it and went out back and started with Fiocci rifled slugs with the cyl choke. 10 rounds with no failures. At 25 yards it was easy to sight in, next time out I'll put a fresh target out and try to make a 50yd group with a few different slugs.
    Slugs and heavy shot cycled very well but some federal field loads had one failure which looked like a short stroke but the second and third shot of the mag (used the 2 round mag with one dropped in the chamber for these) cycled fine but didn't eject very far. The 3 inch BB loads threw the hulls over 10ft away and fed perfectly. As it loosens up I'll go back and try the light loads again.
    20 rounds fired so far and only the federal light loads had any issues.

The backplate (between castle nut and receiver) is not really interchangeable with regular AR plates but the plates could be modified to work. It has a smaller hole in the receiver with a plug in it that has a smaller stud on the stock side that mates with the original back plate.
    I also noticed that while it is a commercial diameter tube you can't put the factory stock on a different tube, it slips part way on but no matter how hard you pull down the lock pin it won't slide the rest of the way on. I don't think it would be a problem to install a new tube and stock but my initial attempt was simply to try to use the original stock on a 6 position tube.

So far very happy with my purchase, big thanks to Tony for the excellent service and fast shipping.
    Last edited by cr5; 05-15-2017 at 03:25 PM.
    Don't be so sensitive snowflake, words can't hurt you.
    "Facts don't care about your feelings" Ben Shapiro
    If it's on the muzzle it's a brake NOT a break

By the power vested in me as God of my world.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cr5 View Post
    Got my MK-12 today, first impressions, observations, and tiny range report.

Seems to be decent quality with a nice tight fit between the upper and lower, the finish is nice, it came with a lot of oil throughout everything, bolt release is just a little teeter-todder bar without a paddle, it is still functional for both manual lock back and release of the bolt, firing pin is spring loaded, gas system is very simple and easy to take apart, ergonomics are almost identical to an AR and the weight seems light but recoil is very manageable even with 3 inch BB goose loads.
    I mounted my Aimpoint PRO on it and went out back and started with Fiocci rifled slugs with the cyl choke. 10 rounds with no failures. At 25 yards it was easy to sight in, next time out I'll put a fresh target out and try to make a 50yd group with a few different slugs.
    Slugs and heavy shot cycled very well but some federal field loads had one failure which looked like a short stroke but the second and third shot of the mag (used the 2 round mag with one dropped in the chamber for these) cycled fine but didn't eject very far. The 3 inch BB loads threw the hulls over 10ft away and fed perfectly. As it loosens up I'll go back and try the light loads again.
    20 rounds fired so far and only the federal light loads had any issues.

The backplate (between castle nut and receiver) is not really interchangeable with regular AR plates but the plates could be modified to work. It has a smaller hole in the receiver with a plug in it that has a smaller stud on the stock side that mates with the original back plate.
    I also noticed that while it is a commercial diameter tube you can't put the factory stock on a different tube, it slips part way on but no matter how hard you pull down the lock pin it won't slide the rest of the way on. I don't think it would be a problem to install a new tube and stock but my initial attempt was simply to try to use the original stock on a 6 position tube.

So far very happy with my purchase, big thanks to Tony for the excellent service and fast shipping.
    Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review to let us and others know your impressions of the gun. Very glad to hear that you're happy and enjoying it and it was my pleasure to provide it to you.
    Best wishes,
    Tony

Cr5 I read that you have mixed impressions on the bolt lock as I originally did. However I quickly learned that it is easily manipulated for the lock and that a pull of the bolt handle itself is required to place it an not battery. The latch itself is far to small to push like we do on the AR's and was informed it was not intended to work as such and was modified differently from the MK10.
    CCFR — CSSA

I was told there was no lever on the bolt lock because the charge handle can either be left or right. If the bolt lock is on the left then it would impede the bolt release.

Quote Originally Posted by flyte1976 View Post
    I was told there was no lever on the bolt lock because the charge handle can either be left or right. If the bolt lock is on the left then it would impede the bolt release.

Do to the limited ted clearance It would indeed give you a nasty bite.
    CCFR — CSSA