Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Derya MK12 - better than expected!

Don't be so sensitive snowflake, words can't hurt you.
    "Facts don't care about your feelings" Ben Shapiro
    If it's on the muzzle it's a brake NOT a break

By the power vested in me as God of my world.

Quote Originally Posted by cr5 View Post
    I don't think that will work without some work with a dremel. The one I was going to install was similar (not as nice though) but had the QD on the side. I don't think the hole in the back of the receiver is large enough for that ridge above the hole. Dremel could take care of that though
    Well I'm not afraid of taking the Dremel to it. I'm kinda leaning towards the shock absorbing butt stock now though...seems like a good value if I want QD mounts. Thanks again for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by grimreefer View Post
    Well I'm not afraid of taking the Dremel to it. I'm kinda leaning towards the shock absorbing butt stock now though...seems like a good value if I want QD mounts. Thanks again for the info.
    I'm thinking I might just get another milspec tube and install the Magpul CTR I have sitting on the shelf that has QD sockets.

Just ordered the Fab GL-Shock buttstock. I figure the more recoil reduction the better. I tried the Remington Managed Recoil slugs for the first time out of another gun and they were almost pleasant to shoot compared to full power slugs. I wonder what they will be like out of this thing. My problem with slugs is that I like shooting them...and usually end up with a headache after the first few boxes.

Nice pics BTW....the OD looks awesome.
    Last edited by grimreefer; 05-16-2017 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by grimreefer View Post
    Just ordered the Fab GL-Shock buttstock. I figure the more recoil reduction the better. I tried the Remington Managed Recoil slugs for the first time out of another gun and they were almost pleasant to shoot compared to full power slugs. I wonder what they will be like out of this thing. My problem with slugs is that I like shooting them...and usually end up with a headache after the first few boxes.

Nice pics BTW....the OD looks awesome.
    The Fiocci slugs I was shooting were their reduced recoil 2 3/4 inch and they were easy on the shoulder and functioned well for the first 10 rounds down the pipe.
    Last edited by cr5; 05-18-2017 at 08:48 AM.

Well today I tried swapping stocks on the MK-12 and discovered that the buffer tube threads are not the same as a standard AR tube. I could not mount my UBR or a standard milspec tube. Good thing I like the original stock, only wanted to swap it because the UBR would be sweet on it with the Limbsaver recoil pad.
    On the positive side I was able to modify a backplate to work so now I have a better sling mount. I bought a BCM QD swivel plate like the magpul one in the post 88 pics but decided not to grind it down to fit... yet.

This morning I did some experimenting with grips. Discovered that you can not use an AR-15 grip with a beavertail. The angle of it does not match up to the receiver. I had 3 different grips without the beavertail that worked fine but I ended up going back to the original.
    It also does not use a common thread pitch with an AR grip screw so you must use the screw the MK-12 came with.

After playing in the shop I threw the MK-12 and my Versa-max on my quad with the clay thrower and a box of clays. It was almost effortless with the Versa-max but getting used to keeping both eyes open with the red dot was difficult, but I started getting used to it and was breaking a lot of clays by the end of the session. All rounds functioned great including the Federal 1 1/8 oz field loads that had a jam last time. Out of all four of the loads I was using today I had one Challenger round jam into the feed ramp but a quick flick with my finger and it chambered and functioned fine after that.
    Modified choke for todays shooting by the way.

Still happy with my purchase, it's a lot of fun, easy on the shoulder even with high brass stuff, seems to shoot consistently enough for shooting clays if your good with your sights. Next time I take it out I'll try to print some groups with slugs. Should I do 25 yards or 50 yards for slug groups?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Slugs will print different than spread, it's hard to set optics for both, if your dialing your red dot for it then start at 25 and move back to 50 after your on 1-2inch drop at 50 from 25 I'd guess and should be I'll call it 4.5" drop at 100, after 100 the rainbow effect comes a knocking and those 1oz slugs drop like a rock.
    Hearts and Minds; Two best places to shoot
    Fighting in a basement provides challenges, Number 1 your fighting in a basement!

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer2373 View Post
    Slugs will print different than spread, it's hard to set optics for both, if your dialing your red dot for it then start at 25 and move back to 50 after your on 1-2inch drop at 50 from 25 I'd guess and should be I'll call it 4.5" drop at 100, after 100 the rainbow effect comes a knocking and those 1oz slugs drop like a rock.
    Sorry, I think you misunderstood my question. I'm well aware of projectile trajectories, I was just wondering what you guys would rather see when I do my slug testing. I can shoot at any range out to 100yds but being kinda new to shooting shotguns for groups was wondering if there is a standard distance people like to see. With my rifles it's typically 100 yards for anything up to 308 then it becomes 200+ with the bigger stuff like my 300win or 338 Lapua. I'll be shooting from a bench on my backyard range and have a nice assortment of slugs. I think I'll save the Sabot slugs for after I get a rifled choke.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Like anything personal preference, like a lot of things gun related shotgun standard is 50 yard is for function 100 is for show anything past is for fake you tube videos lol. I had the original mk10 and slugs at 50y were a breeze and 100 were very durable I found past 100 with my red dot were really all over the place.
    Hearts and Minds; Two best places to shoot
    Fighting in a basement provides challenges, Number 1 your fighting in a basement!