Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 46789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Derya MK12 - better than expected!

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonjour43ma View Post
    What are you guys lubing it with? Grease or oil? I'm finding that with grease it gunks up too fast especially the bolt carrier channels. Seems to need cleaning every 200 rounds?
    Grease is too heavy. You generally want to stick with a light oil or CLP.

With my shotguns I've had good luck with Fluid Film applied appropriately and also have seen success with a thin application of Mil-comm TW25
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Anyone shooting these left handed? I hate getting hulls in the face and the cheek riser setup looks like it may be problematic.

I know this is a stupid question but I am on the verge of ordering one but can't decide on color.....does anyone have the "tan" version? IF so, what do you think of it as I understand it is more "burnt copper" than desert tan. I am tired of black and am going back and forth between OD and tan.
    00110000001100100010111100110000001100010010111100 11000000110011 & 00110000001100010010111100110010001101010010111100 11000100110000

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgunluvr View Post
    Anyone shooting these left handed? I hate getting hulls in the face and the cheek riser setup looks like it may be problematic.
    Not sure about hulls in the face, but you can put the cheek riser hardware on the other side, or just take it off.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditch Doc View Post
    I know this is a stupid question but I am on the verge of ordering one but can't decide on color.....does anyone have the "tan" version? IF so, what do you think of it as I understand it is more "burnt copper" than desert tan. I am tired of black and am going back and forth between OD and tan.
    "Burnt Bronze"

Lefty here and no problems with hulls in the face. It only sucks if you have ####ty smelling powder like in the Winchester 2 3/4 target shells. It goes straight into the nostrils! Federal target smells good tho btw.

Quote Originally Posted by everydayshooter View Post
    Lefty here and no problems with hulls in the face. It only sucks if you have ####ty smelling powder like in the Winchester 2 3/4 target shells. It goes straight into the nostrils! Federal target smells good tho btw.
    LOL! Yes, but do they smell awesome like those old paper hulled Imperial rounds where the brass was over half of the shell!!! The smell of those bring back such amazing memories!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cr5 View Post
    Well today I tried swapping stocks on the MK-12 and discovered that the buffer tube threads are not the same as a standard AR tube. I could not mount my UBR or a standard milspec tube...
    I've found an A2 buffer tube does fit the receiver threads. At first, it didn't seem to, but there was a ton of what I can only assume is thread cement in there. Heat gun, gun cleaner, brass brush, nothing really worked until I got in there with a small nail in some pliers to dig it out. The fit is snug, but screwed in by hand just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke_of_New_York View Post
    I've found an A2 buffer tube does fit the receiver threads. At first, it didn't seem to, but there was a ton of what I can only assume is thread cement in there. Heat gun, gun cleaner, brass brush, nothing really worked until I got in there with a small nail in some pliers to dig it out. The fit is snug, but screwed in by hand just fine.

I'll have to try again, I tried a couple A2 rifle tubes and a couple carbine tubes and none would thread in even though the original threaded in and out without problems.
    Don't be so sensitive snowflake, words can't hurt you.
    "Facts don't care about your feelings" Ben Shapiro
    If it's on the muzzle it's a brake NOT a break

By the power vested in me as God of my world.