Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Colt Canada 150th Anniversary C8A4! Presales on now! Only 150 being released.

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher547 View Post
    Sadly Phil from Odell Engineering (the distributor) messaged me that it won't happen this year.
    That's not good news. Tony can you confirm this? Getting a Canada 150 rifle in 2018 just doesn't sound quite right.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mileageman View Post
    That's not good news. Tony can you confirm this? Getting a Canada 150 rifle in 2018 just doesn't sound quite right.
    Looking that way. Will be able to confirm soon one way or the other.

Looking to use my deposit on a new Christmas gun if this falls through. Please let us know what Odell says. Thanks Tony

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by mileageman View Post

Released on July 1 would have been quite slick,...

Missing 2017 entirely is kind of... disappointing? What a missed opportunity. At this point I'm hoping they're at least manufactured in 2017, with distribution / RCMP being the delay into 2018. But I doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdigs View Post
    Released on July 1 would have been quite slick,...

Missing 2017 entirely is kind of... disappointing? What a missed opportunity. At this point I'm hoping they're at least manufactured in 2017, with distribution / RCMP being the delay into 2018. But I doubt it
    I doubt the RCMP have anything to do with the delay, probably related to other orders and the layoffs CC had. If they do make them I agree that the lower needs a 17 as the first digits in the serial #. Have a CC 150 rifle manufactured in 2018 would just be ah ah ridiculous.

CGN Regular
    Sad to see Colt Canada let us down on this one...

Here's what Odell messaged me last night"They are reviewing the configuration and still not able to make any production commitments with their other workload. We keep revisiting it. As mentioned it will not be done in 2017 for sure."
    Last edited by Slasher547; 12-07-2017 at 10:03 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher547 View Post
    Here's what Odell messaged me last night"They are reviewing the configuration and still not able to make any production commitments with their other workload. We keep revisiting it. As mentioned it will not be done in 2017 for sure."

I wonder if the delay also has anything to do with these rifles not only being 150th anniversary rifles, but also seem to named as C8A4's,... which would imply then following a military configuration,,,, and if the military is slow to define the config. If this is so, not only would it be "cool" to have a rifle very close to a new military one, but CC could lower their production costs piggy backing their production to a military production run.

Still, as mileageman mentions, I hope the lowers are produced in 2017 so the SNs match, because a 150th anniversary rifle with a SN for the 251st year... is ... odd.

Maybe they have plenty of stock for lowers / some set aside already,... but who knows

CGN Regular
    Hopefully we hear something during Shot Show this month? (I assume all parties involved will be present?)

CGN Regular
    Did we hear anything about this at SHOT Show?

...feeling a little bummed to have paid over $1,500 a year ago on a deposit, with no end in sight, or even talk of a revised production date...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast