Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: WARNING SKS prices will go up in 2017

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by rethius View Post
    March madness?
    A lot of Westrifles people are ex basketball players,, so it may be a throwback from then! Good guys!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Aestus View Post
    It looks like you already bumped your SKS prices up in anticipation.
    They also import and sell to other retailers, wouldn't be good business to undercut your own customer.

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Regular
    Alright, so here's a question if this is the case.

I bought crates of Military Type 56 Unissued, unfired way back when just to get the ammo deal...yes, we shoot a lot of x39 So the pallets of ammo have dwindled and I just left the crates sealed up cause I didn't need them.

Then they were in my way, so I decided to sell some...sold 2 batches of 5 for $425 and both batches went within an hour or so.

So here's my question, I still have more in my way (yeah, I know...tough problem to have). Do I keep them minty in boxes in anticipation. What do you guys think. What will they be worth in 2 years? 10?

Thanks

CGN frequent flyer rockport guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwing327 View Post
    Alright, so here's a question if this is the case.

I bought crates of Military Type 56 Unissued, unfired way back when just to get the ammo deal...yes, we shoot a lot of x39 So the pallets of ammo have dwindled and I just left the crates sealed up cause I didn't need them.

Then they were in my way, so I decided to sell some...sold 2 batches of 5 for $425 and both batches went within an hour or so.

So here's my question, I still have more in my way (yeah, I know...tough problem to have). Do I keep them minty in boxes in anticipation. What do you guys think. What will they be worth in 2 years? 10?

Thanks
    Can i buy now???

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rockport guy View Post
    Can i buy now???
    Honestly, that is the question. Do I sell some/all now? Do I keep some knowing I am never going to shoot. Honestly I have enough stuff I don't already shoot LOL.

So the loaded question is this, with the recent price increases are these going to pop to $600 or $800 over the next few years?

Good questions for sure.
    I can only speak to experience I have had. About 10-15 years ago, Russian SKS rifles in Canada were not rare, but VERY difficult to find. I remember them selling, even on CGN here, just south of $500. Then the flood came in. So, there was a time they were pretty pricey and not plentiful. Are we doomed to experience that again? Who knows. All I know is for $200 (or even less it seems in some cases) you can get a great shooter. They re so much fun.
    I did go and buy another refurb for $199 this weekend in Calgary, so every kid has one now
    "Na množství nehleďte"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by joe n View Post
    Good questions for sure.
    I can only speak to experience I have had. About 10-15 years ago, Russian SKS rifles in Canada were not rare, but VERY difficult to find. I remember them selling, even on CGN here, just south of $500. Then the flood came in. So, there was a time they were pretty pricey and not plentiful. Are we doomed to experience that again? Who knows. All I know is for $200 (or even less it seems in some cases) you can get a great shooter. They re so much fun.
    I did go and buy another refurb for $199 this weekend in Calgary, so every kid has one now
    My CTC says he has some new unissued Chinese SKS coming and will be selling them at around $350-$360. Coming from North Sylva! But, has been 3 months since he ordered them and so far only the refurbs have shown up in places, maybe they are getting rid of those before they release the nice ones!

Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    My CTC says he has some new unissued Chinese SKS coming and will be selling them at around $350-$360. Coming from North Sylva! But, has been 3 months since he ordered them and so far only the refurbs have shown up in places, maybe they are getting rid of those before they release the nice ones!
    Are these the same ones that were being given away for $100 with the purchase of a crate of ammo? Or were those Chinese SKS different?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermind View Post
    Are these the same ones that were being given away for $100 with the purchase of a crate of ammo? Or were those Chinese SKS different?
    Yep, as far as I know, but that was a used car dealer scam by Marstar, the ammo was overpriced by $100. The reg price for the Chinese SKS was between $135 and $175 for new unissued, but that was over 3 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    Yep, as far as I know, but that was a used car dealer scam by Marstar, the ammo was overpriced by $100. The reg price for the Chinese SKS was between $135 and $175 for new unissued, but that was over 3 years ago!
    As someone that works in the car business that is an Insult to Car dealers everywhere. The Good one's that operate within the confines of the law and morality an insult, but the creepy sleezy one's. Come-on, they are way more forthright and honest than Marstar!!!!