Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121424 ... LastLast

Thread: WARNING SKS prices will go up in 2017

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by exv152 View Post
    Chewed up Chinese or Russian surplus only means more SKS will end up with new tactical stocks, which I kind of prefer.
    Only issue is the metal is rough on some of them, They can be rusted and pitted. If the stock was the only problem you could steam out dents and sand without issue.

An SKS, produced today in Canada or the U.S., using the same physical labor and milled parts will cost well over $1200 U.S.

It'll only be in 15-20 years time that we look back at how shockingly low communist priced labor made these rifles almost disposable. When you actually go to make the same gun for yourself is when you realize what a value an SKS, or other milsurps are.
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it. -Jeff Cooper

D.V.C.

Quote Originally Posted by exv152 View Post
    Chewed up Chinese or Russian surplus only means more SKS will end up with new tactical stocks, which I kind of prefer.
    To each own. I've never handled a SKS yet that has a plastic stock that wasn't noticeably front heavy. I have seen some in nice aluminum chassis.

I like them in the stock form when not all beat to hell.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone ranger's Avatar
    Here is an add from"INTERNATIONAL fire arms 1991 Catalogue. When you figure out the value from then to now,..they would be selling for $338.99 now. a look back in time LOL

A victimless crime is a term used to refer to actions that have been ruled illegal but which are argued not to directly violate or threaten the rights of any other individual.

I bought mine over time; the 1st one about 6 yrs ago for about 1/3 of the current price. And it's really nice. When you look at what you've got in your hands for just over $100, or even a few $100, it's a great deal.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Yeah I think its time to get 1 hate to see the prices going up. A very nice rifle indeed.

Well I'm buying Into the hype. Local stores are confirming the severe lack of rifles coming in. Not that I need an excuse to grab another one...

CGN frequent flyer Big_red_truck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Labman View Post
    Oh man! I've been wanting an SKS for years but can't get the ammo in my neck of the woods. If I didn't live in a remote northern fly-in community I'd be all over one of these... and a case of ammo to boot!
    get it shipped There , canadian tire in labrador city carries 7.62x39. when you travel somewhere stock up then.
    I'm canadian eh , there's no doot aboot

Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    I'm glad I have my tinfoil hat on the morning while operating the microwave oven.
    Rob

Expired Business Member
    Ask North Sylva for a price of those sks
    Also Russia is holding their stock of sks since 2000. Only small batches realize to specific companies but those batches went in price as well to 150 usd per rifle. So you can wait for maybe or buy today.
    There is no more cheap sks overseas this is why you need to go and buy one today.

Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    North Sylva has some non refurb SKS, haven't shipped to retailers yet that I know of, my ### will have a few, I told him to order more, the order went in late Nov.! I don't know how many NS brought in but am sure they can get more!
    As Westrifle says, the Russian SKS may dry up as the political mood is dark towards Russia right now,, who know what may happen in the future, five years from now things may open up again or maybe not!

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops666 View Post
    I've noticed that a lot of the SKS's for sale over the last couple years are of the sh!ttier quality. Bad wood, painted metal and even rusted internals. Is this the new normal?
    I have a minty all matching (not force matched ) 1952r tula,hardwood stock, bore is pristine - blindingly shiny, no pits and bluing is 100% .. I was going to sell it but maybe I should hold onto it Lol...