Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516171819202123 ... LastLast

Thread: WARNING SKS prices will go up in 2017

CGN frequent flyer rockport guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    Well I heard stuff like that, but there are probably more sks than pretty much any other semi auto rifle in the country, that would be a huge step and montrous outcry from gun owners! Not to mention the cost and embarrassment from a huge percentage of non compliance!
    I do agree with you.... hell I have lost 3 sks s well spear fishing with them.. should have cleaned the cosmo off them first!

I would pay for an SKS at these new prices, only if they didn't have the fugly as hell Frankenweld on the mag.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Aestus View Post
    I would pay for an SKS at these new prices, only if they didn't have the fugly as hell Frankenweld on the mag.
    Wait 6 months, then you can pay $50 more for the same rifle!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by rockport guy View Post
    I do agree with you.... hell I have lost 3 sks s well spear fishing with them.. should have cleaned the cosmo off them first!
    Yep, good thing is, if you go fishing next year, or in 10 years and hook the SKS, it will still be in great shape, with all that Cosmo!!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Well I heard stuff like that, but there are probably more sks than pretty much any other semi auto rifle in the country, that would be a huge step and montrous outcry from gun owners! Not to mention the cost and embarrassment from a huge percentage of non compliance!
    Does anyone know how many SKS carbines have been imported into Canada?
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Does anyone know if this price hike is only for the wood stock SKS, or will it affect all including tapco/ATI types?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    My local CTC guy said it would be around $50. For the batch he just ordered ( 50). l would say if they go through with the UN labelling scheme, it may go up a bit more, I hope they do it discretely, if they look like the new TT33 stampings, I won't be buying any more sks!

Quote Originally Posted by exv152 View Post
    Does anyone know if this price hike is only for the wood stock SKS, or will it affect all including tapco/ATI types?
    All sks rifles are imported as wood stock. They only become tapco/ati'd when an owner chooses to go that route or a business receives some in such bad condition that they can only resell it that new form. So the answer to your question is yes it will affect both, seeing as how all rifles will be imported at a new price and once old supply has completely run out the price adjustment will be the new norm. It'll be the same as today's market except at a new base price.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bush24's Avatar
    My local CTC guy said it would be around $50. For the batch he just ordered ( 50). l would say if they go through with the UN labelling scheme, it may go up a bit more, I hope they do it discretely, if they look like the new TT33 stampings, I won't be buying any more sks!
    CT is now selling SKS' for $350, I bought one 6 mos ago for $215. Phew!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Can you guys please so somthing about the mag welding??? I though you were the largest importer of sks's. Nothing at all you can do? It looks awfull.