Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11131415161718192021222324252627282931 ... LastLast

Thread: WARNING SKS prices will go up in 2017

Quote Originally Posted by #1bcshooter View Post
    Well Now that CTC has pulled them all & sending them back to the supplier (No longer selling SKS rifles )
    The distributor is going to have to find someone else to retail them.
    I can't fine anything on this. Link please ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingots View Post
    Really ?
    click on the new posts button & scroll down
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingots View Post
    The local manager here told me a couple months ago that North Sylva only had about 60 sks left, not sure if they were shipping more from overseas, so the few hundred they get back from the CTC will be gone soon enough, there are not many other sks dealers local around here?

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Expired Business Member
    Couple month from now when those all sell and no sks imported into Canada then you would feel the difference

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by westrifle_sks View Post
    Couple month from now when those all sell and no sks imported into Canada then you would feel the difference
    A couple months from now it will be 2018... maybe the price will go up then, eh?

Expired Business Member
    Will see what happens as I see it now it is going up. Supplies dried up overseas.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    As soon as they go restricted the price is going to tank & you won't be able to give them away
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

Can't see it going restricted personally. Way too many people own them and that would rally us gun owners to fight , or at least I sure as hell hope it would. I know I'd be fighting , donating and writing way more than I already do. Gotta keep fighting for our beloved hobby and stay positive. Hard as it is.
    Sks is almost as iconically Canadian as it is Russian as far as firearms go.
    The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.

Lots of funny comments here...

Monetchikov, in his book "History of Russian Automatics", cites a production figure of 2.7 million for the (Soviet) SKS-45.
    Apparently SVT-40 production numbers are about 1.7 million.
    I bought my 1st SVT from Westrifle years ago for under $300...$269? Something like that. A '41 Izzy, and a real beauty too. Even when I see an SVT-40 for sale now, which is somewhat rare, it's nowhere near as nice.
    The last SKS I bought was about $200. All matching, beautiful blueing, matching laminate stock...a real beauty compared to the SKS's I'm seeing for sale now.

The supply of these lower quality guns is drying up according to Westrifle and others.

I can't see the prices NOT going up.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

CT Manager here.

Here is what I can confirm.

The SKS, SKS variants, along with any accessories involving the SKS is at a STOP sale.

Canadian Tires will no longer be handling SKS's. We are in the process of shipping them back to North Sylva.

Due to the recent event in Vegas, corporate have decided this. I know this is unreasonable considering the shooter did not use the SKS, but be appreciative that it hasn't progressed further than it has already in terms of bans.

7.62x39 ammo (bulk and 20 round packs) will continue to be sold.