Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Generation X In a Millenial World!

Generation X In a Millenial World!

Yes, I am a Gen Xer, but thanks to you guys, I have inherited some of the millenial traits! I am normally a hard working, proud, realistic man, with realistic expectations and appreciate any breaks that life doles out, without "expecting" them.

Then along comes Prophet River, with your crazily frequent "No Tax, Free Shipping" specials! No reason for them, not held on any certain holidays, no catchy titles, just these frequent, out of the blue offers!

I was brand spanking new to CGN, losing my purchasing firearms online virginity to PR, returning to fuel my new-found addiction with each returning "No Tax, Free Shipping" offer! No minimum purchase to take advantage, no fine print, no offers while "secretly" having LOW stock to play some bait and switch, just these crazy almost weekly offers that had me taking advantage every chance I could!

Sadly, I haven't seen these amazing offers for quite some time :-( My realistic self tells me I was fortunate to have been at the right place at the right time, very appreciative of PR's extremely generous offers! BUT, those dammed millenials, with their self entitlement, unrealistic expectations, instant gratification, it's all around us! Two kids torturing this single dad with their millenial ways, how could I come out of this unscathed???

So here I am, looking through PR's website and wondering, "What happened to those awesome "Free Shipping, No Tax" offers? Where did they go?? I need some magazines for a couple of toys I bought at PR, but none of the offers that I became so accustomed to!

Are those offers a thing of the past? Do I have to readjust back to reality and come to terms with the fact that I can't afford what I want to buy immediately, with the thought of buying what I wanted to impulsively and without foresight or the opportunity to think before acting and making that impulse buy, because I have to take advantage of an out of the blue offer to save money immediately or take the chance of falling into a deep depression for not satisfying my new-found need for instant gratification and unrealistic expectations?

Help me Prophet River! I NEED to spend money on magazines because I can save money if I buy them IMMEDIATELY to save me from having to reload at the range when I could just keep buying enough magazines to load at home once and still be able to shoot cases of ammo all day long without a single reload!
    Planning on living forever. So far, so good!

your need to overshare online is very millenial. ☺
    Last edited by auracle; 02-05-2017 at 10:20 AM.

love it..

90 seconds I can no longer get back.

PR is a superb company to deal with. Based on the OP, I'd humerously enjoy seeing a promo code "Millenial"

Brian
    CSSA(OHA) member since 1995
    SFC member since 1995
    NCCP Shooting Coach
    Target Shooter - ISSF & Black Powder

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FoxAlpha's Avatar
    I can't say I'm surprised you're not seeing these sales. Very few retailers have been able to afford the great sales they used to be able to have prior to end of 2014. With the economy AND the loonie circling the drain most simply can't afford the blow out prices of yesteryear because the margins just aren't there anymore. We take what we can get, we save when we can and we're always appreciative of any sales pricing we're offered, but I wouldn't expect to see "many" sales in the near future.
    I survived the gun control scare of 2013 and all I got was this t-shirt.......
    And 30 PMags, 5000 rounds of .223, 3000 rounds of 9mm, 5 BCG's, 5 stripped lowers, and a really pissed off wife.

As an Albertan, I've never been fond of the 'no sales tax' sales. I do appreciate the free shipping but 5% off is not overly enticing.

Hopefully they are working on a new marketing pitch that appeals to the 'locals' a little more.

Made me smile I visit Prophet River's page almost daily. They have been very good to me, fulfilling many "must haves" due to their sales. Yes, I suffer from GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome)

CGN frequent flyer thepolinator's Avatar
    Not sure I would call it a millennial world. Nor would I attribute that attitude to just millenials. Remember people become what they learn to be as children.

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NoTarget View Post
    As an Albertan, I've never been fond of the 'no sales tax' sales. I do appreciate the free shipping but 5% off is not overly enticing.

Hopefully they are working on a new marketing pitch that appeals to the 'locals' a little more.
    When purchasing from us, only ON and the maritimes/NL with their HST pay more than the 5% GST. We do not have to collect PST from any province.
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast