Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: M305 for Tac Rifle matches?

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GTNgo View Post
    I have an m305 that i want to cut to 18.6 and thread it 1/2"-28 and get an adapter for 5/8" and put a vg6 gamma 762 brake on it. Eliminate all recoil. Thinking of doing it..... am i crazy?
    I don't think you are gonna be the first to do this.... How about just buying a SHORTY M305 ??

Cheers,
    Barney

Quote Originally Posted by bsand View Post
    Better yet, I'll wait for when the HK93 becomes non-restricted.

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalTeacher View Post
    I don't think you are gonna be the first to do this.... How about just buying a SHORTY M305 ??

Cheers,
    Barney
    I guess the question then becomes what are the advantages of keeping a full length m305? ~100/200 more fps at the muzzle? 3 additional inches of sight radius? Would the full length barrel translate into higher rankings in precision rifle matches if all else is kept equal?

Hindsight is 20/20. When I bought mine I wasn't planning on changing it to what it has become now. I had lusted over having an m14 since I was a teenager. After having it for some time I discovered m14.ca and started lusting after their sexy stocks and finally fell prey to my weakness and got the stock. All this time, I had never in my life participated in a rifle match of any kind.

After doing one season of rifle matches, I've been having this itch for taking the m305 to a match. But just hauling around that beast up in the mountains is very different from carrying a reasonably weighted bolt action. Doing mag change drills around the house also feels much different than when using the much lighter vz58.

Will I lose much weight by chopping the barrel? Probably not. Maybe it will become a placebo that convinces me that mag changes are going to be easier. What do I have to lose that would justify buying a whole new shorty m305 instead of my future hk93?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    A shorty M305 you can have now. A HK93? As MLK said," I have a dream....!"
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

Competing in tac-rifle with a 305 is pure cool IMO.
    I'm looking forward to seeing you hit those gongs with some big 30 cal!
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Vector Paragon 1.2-6x24 is better. Zeiss glass, illuminated, same price level, Canadian dealer and wayy better canadian warranty service
    Eat rice, but ain't ricer, love spicy stuff
    Have you listen to Jordan Peterson lately? You should, and just letting you know i'm currently cleaning out my room/house/shop/garage/tool box/safe
    CCFR, CSSA, CFIB member

Quote Originally Posted by Slamfyre View Post
    Has anybody used the Sightmark Ezekiel? If so, would you recommend it? I was thinking of getting one of these two scopes:

Sightmark Ezekiel

Primary Arms ACSS
    Vector Paragon 1.2-6x24 is better. Zeiss glass, illuminated, same price level, Canadian dealer and wayy better canadian warranty service

Eat rice, but ain't ricer, love spicy stuff
    Have you listen to Jordan Peterson lately? You should, and just letting you know i'm currently cleaning out my room/house/shop/garage/tool box/safe
    CCFR, CSSA, CFIB member

Quote Originally Posted by Phat Eagle View Post
    Sometimes shotgun, but we're hoping to breach into sidearms too. Check out DSSMatch.com for info!
    Cool. Thanks! I've been wanting to try something like this for a while now but the restricted requirement has been keeping me away.

Edit** will there be matches in AB this year? If not is there anything similar in the province?
    Last edited by ThatM305Guy; 02-07-2017 at 06:03 PM.
    I am a kit hor(der)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Phat Eagle's Avatar
    DSSBCA is only operating in BC (for now?!?!)... I'm pretty sure there are a fair number of tactical/3-gun circuits in Alberta... Maybe post something in the Action Shooting or Service Rifle forums...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast