Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: M305 for Tac Rifle matches?

Quote Originally Posted by Slamfyre View Post
    When the Libertarian Party of Canada de-restricts it, I will buy me a Sig MCX.
    whooooo boy.

Anyways.

If you are shooting TacMatch and are hitting steel at close range, .308 isn't the best idea IMO.

Generally not steel at close range at DSSBC tacrifle shoots.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Abey0beyCeezy View Post
    Generally not steel at close range at DSSBC tacrifle shoots.
    Correct! TMSA steel are usually at 60+ yds on the rifle range.
    Chilliwack hasn't used any steel yet but that may change this year. Probably be shot at 200m there.
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Still alive View Post
    Correct! TMSA steel are usually at 60+ yds on the rifle range.
    Chilliwack hasn't used any steel yet but that may change this year. Probably be shot at 200m there.
    Chilliwack did use steel on the last one I wentbto. Was all on the rifle range tho. 100,150 and 200m I think it was.
    "From My Cold, Dead Hands." - Charlton Heston

Quote Originally Posted by bsand View Post
    Chilliwack did use steel on the last one I wentbto. Was all on the rifle range tho. 100,150 and 200m I think it was.
    That's the AR500 plates at the end of the rifle range, right? I wasn't there for that match. I left that stage design to Phat Eagle so he must have incorporated them.
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Still alive View Post
    That's the AR500 plates at the end of the rifle range, right? I wasn't there for that match. I left that stage design to Phat Eagle so he must have incorporated them.
    They used those Drummond ar500 plates at 100m (rack of 3) then two more at 150m on posts, then 3 at 200m.
    "From My Cold, Dead Hands." - Charlton Heston

They used those Drummond ar500 plates at 100m (rack of 3) then two more at 150m on posts, then 3 at 200m.
    Good to hear! The TMSA guys probably brought them out. Glad we have more options at Chilliwack. Kudos to DSS Match!

FYI
    For those wanting to try TAC rifle, Chilliwack is running a CASE ( Competency And Safety Examination) course this Feb. 25 starting at 8am. The one time CASE certification allows new shooters to shoot TAC rifle at TMSA and Chilliwack. We can take a few more people for this day so, if interested, please take a look at the Chilliwack Fish and Game Protective Association website for more info and the link to sign up. Or dssmatch.com for more info about CASE and TAC rifle!

Or send me a PM and I'll try to help!

Sorry for spamming your forum, TT! PM me if you want this moved.
    Last edited by Still alive; 02-08-2017 at 05:12 PM.
    CCFR CPC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Phat Eagle's Avatar
    This is correct. I think ThompsonSMG brought his personal plates to shoot and we had the (then new) AR500s at 200m. We're hoping to buy a lot more common equipment to share through DSSBCA the way things are growing!!

Quote Originally Posted by GTNgo View Post
    I have an m305 that i want to cut to 18.6 and thread it 1/2"-28 and get an adapter for 5/8" and put a vg6 gamma 762 brake on it. Eliminate all recoil. Thinking of doing it..... am i crazy?

It's your rifle - I say go for it! Won't shed too much weight, but may help the balance quite a bit. Gun projects are fun...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234