Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to shoot non restricted?

Where to shoot non restricted?

I own several restricted pistols and shoot at my local gun range
    I haven't got my hunters training course and probably won't do hunting
    I do have a Mossberg 500 shotgun.
    QUESTION:
    Can I take it out in the sticks and start blasting without killing wildlife?
    Some people put their money into precious metals, cars and real estate, I put my money into firearms and ammo, when a zombie horde is munching on your loved ones how will you fend them off?

As long as you have permission from the land owner

Quote Originally Posted by Veryevilnip View Post
    QUESTION:
    Check local bylaws on discharge and noise pollution. If there are any bylaws be sure to follow them. Then get permission from a landowner to shoot on the property.

Be aware of your environment, make sure no one is in front of your firing arc and be careful to not shoot over a public road; safety first. It may also be a good idea to make a backstop or find land that is at the bottom of a slope/hill that will create a natural backstop so bullets won't fly for yards if you miss a target or are just shooting paper.
    ME: "I'll just sign up for this group"
    Computer: "I'll just hit return while your submitting your reason for wanting to join"
    ME:

I don't own any handguns or restricteds so no need to shell out money to join a club.
    Shoot at a gravel pit on my land behind my cottage on the Montreal River in northern Ontario.
    Nobody around for miles and no puffed up self important range nazis to spoil my day.

Quote Originally Posted by win94luver View Post
    I don't own any handguns or restricteds so no need to shell out money to join a club.
    Shoot at a gravel pit on my land behind my cottage on the Montreal River in northern Ontario.
    Nobody around for miles and no puffed up self important range nazis to spoil my day.
    I've heard that if you always shoot on your own land, government will consider it as an illegal range?

Not at all, private land for lawful private use of firearms. Safety rules and local bylaws still apply. No shooting across public roads, ensure line of sight to know where rounds are hitting if missed. Restricted firearms of course can only be used at an approved and certified range.

Nope, if you have adequate land and do it safely, however you wouldn't be able to shoot restricteds.

Quote Originally Posted by ViRiV View Post
    I've heard that if you always shoot on your own land, government will consider it as an illegal range?
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta) Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013) OFAH Member

Good to know!

All ways a good idea to check hunting regulations as in some provinces it illegal to carry firearm in bush with out a permit and others during hunting season requires a hunting licence and/or a tag. not sure what the regs. are in Manitoba but never had any problems shooting prairie dogs on private land with permission..

Quote Originally Posted by Veryevilnip View Post
    QUESTION:
    You are in Winnipeg correct, you can go out on public land and use it, Like Renolds Ponds out in the Richer area or anywhere outside the city on Crown land. Sandylands, Just pickup a Hunting guide to show you place you can go in the off season https://www.gov.mb.ca/sd/wildlife/hu...aps/index.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast