Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 356789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Canpar

Canpar here in Ottawa is not bad. I've ordered a few things (rifles, ammo etc) and if I'm not home they'll deliver it to a convenience store down the street, and leave a notice on my door. The corner store guy checks ID and gets a signature. Much like Canada Post. Can't complain. Vendors should provide more than one option for shipping.

I kind of enjoy dealing with Canpar. The people are great, but their computer systems & processes need work. Every shipment is a new experience.

Usually end up asking them to hold the shipment for pickup at nearest depot (I live way out in the sticks where not even Canada Post can find my house - it's UPS or pick up from depot).
    Last edited by bridgman; 02-14-2017 at 01:12 AM.

Their tracking system is the worst. But delivery depends on your local courier.

My recent ordered "arrived" today. Canpar showed it as "weather delay" (for the last 5 days!) at their local terminal. Got a call from a nice lady today, saying there was a package on her step with my name and number on it! Now this lady doesn't live next door, or next street even - but next town over! My name, address, and phone number (which is obviously how she knew to contact me) was clearly printed on the CANPAR address sticker on the box but somehow it ended up left on her doorstep. No connection at all between where it was "delivered" and where it was addressed. Right out of the Matrix I tell ya....anyhoo a complete stranger was nice, and honest, enough to call me and let me know where to pick it up.

But hey, thanks CanadaAmmo for the great deal on non-corrosive! I think switching to UPS is a good move...and that's something I never thought I'd hear myself say either LOL.

Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Maybe its a problem with your specific region
    I live in Ontario, and I've never had a problem with them.
    I have problems with Canada post not actually coming to my door, I've even had them leave the delivery attempt notice the day after it was "out for delivery" with the day before's date on it lol Like they came back just to put the note on my door
    Seems like Canada Post policy these days. They do it to me all the time when a signature is required. I go to the post office the eve of the "out for delivery" scan and it's there. Slip shows up the next day. BUT - when there is no signature required he drops it off on my doorstep and not in the community mailbox. Go figure.
    Please support your local SPCA!

Yup. Totally agree.

Only had two dealings with canpar and they were hellish nightmares. Lol.

Will not even buy from a business if there only way to ship is Canpar.

Two thumbs down.
    Click, Bang.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcnorth View Post
    Their tracking system is the worst. But delivery depends on your local courier.
    ^^^ this has been my experience with them. I have a good local guy but trying to get any info from their website or via phone is near impossible.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DVXDUDE's Avatar
    I won't even visit Canada ammo site anymore because of my extreme hate for Canpar. They lost 2 of my guns and didn't really care about it until I threatened them with legal action. Worst customer service logistics company I've ever delt with.
    Jesus was a carpenter....but, his father's an IRONWORKER

Quote Originally Posted by DVXDUDE View Post
    I won't even visit Canada ammo site anymore because of my extreme hate for Canpar. They lost 2 of my guns and didn't really care about it until I threatened them with legal action. Worst customer service logistics company I've ever delt with.
    Same here... I stopped to buy at Lever Arms because they use Canpar... horrible service

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    CanPar, no phone service, that was my experience. However, on the shipping side, easy-peasy. Wanna ship a box of ammo, powder or primers, slick. No muss, no fuss.