Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Canpar

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Well, I didn't expect to generate 13 pages of comments here. I guess I'm not the only one who has decided to refuse outright to take the abuse.

Anyway, I went to get my package at the depot. I told the lady there that it was unacceptable that the delivery guy didn't make deliveries. She told me that basically the drivers aren't even canpar employees, they're like subcontractors with their own routes who do whatever they want. So, if a guy wants to, say, drive Uber in the morning and evening and deliver package in the middle of the day, he can. That's why the service is so unequal (from all the comments, it seems like there's 3 good canpar drivers: one in winnipeg, one in ottawa and one in calgary. The rest are crap.)

Normally this is done to cut costs. It can work if the process is well tuned, like franchising in the restaurant business. But the franchisor has to keep an eye on its franchises, and it has to have a top-notch operation itself. Otherwise you'll end up with 1000 McDos and Timmys all with different menus and opening hours, or locations running our of burgers or donuts. It can easily turn into Burger King and Dunkin Donut. Canpar has nowhere near the required level of operating efficiency to pull off something like that. We suffer from the inefficient operation of canpar at the company level when we track our packages and from the inefficiencies of their operating model when we don't receive our packages.

So basically, they decided to cut costs by outsourcing to the lowest bidder and now we're getting the courrier version of a dollar store.

I think everyone now had a chance to vent, and since canam has decided to at least try another courrier, the whole point is now moot. Feel free to lock this thread (or not, this is your house after all), and let us know when the switch has been made. I'll be more than happy to resume buying like Johnny Depp on a tuesday.

They guy that dropped off my package was far earlier than any other courier i've dealt with . First thing in the morning around 8:30 I was blown away... I guess it might just be the drivers or the work load ..

My canpar delivery lady is awesome.
    Two days before expected deliver (everytime) Her - "Hey! I have some more ammo for you." Me - drools. 'incoherent noises' Her - "ok see you in a couple weeks" Me - giggles.

I think Im in love.

Where you can find the most expensive condos...
    You guys are scaring me... I order those Sumbro 9mm from Tenda and they are gonna be shipped by Canpar. Suppose to arrive next week or so.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by lavino View Post
    You guys are scaring me... I order those Sumbro 9mm from Tenda and they are gonna be shipped by Canpar. Suppose to arrive next week or so.
    Make sure you follow your shipment with online tracking. If the driver in your area is anything like mine you'll need to contact canpar when your shipment doesn't arrive.

Mine hasnt moved since "label created" on 7th

Quote Originally Posted by Abey0beyCeezy View Post
    Mine hasnt moved since "label created" on 7th
    You can PM me your order number is there is a potential issue. Should have shipped already.
    Canadaammo.com

https://www.canadaammo.com/

Please do not PM me with customer order requests!
    Send these via e-mail to: info@canadaammo.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer gewehr76's Avatar
    Police state Ontario, sometimes on OPP patrolled 400
    Problem with Canpar is that they show estimated delivery is one date , but then go and deliver day early when not expected, ring bell and no one there. If you state expected delivery date, then deliver it on that date. Period
    Je bastardise les deux langues officielles. I bastardise both official languages.
    Я наебываю оба официальных языка Канады

I once had them leave 3600 rounds of .223 on my doorstep (urban area). i was out of town working. luckily my neighbour called me and i got him to lock it in my garage.

I have had 0 successful, on time deliveries (of approx 8) and ive likely spent more than a few hours in their shop trying to find things, (days after the delivery date). sounds like im not alone! yikes!

Granted, Im not home in the day time, but i get delivered notices when im not home? and then when i go to the warehouse they cant seem to track things down? brutal.

i currently have a shipment from tenda somewhere with them....ordered on feb 15, still havent got any kind of email from canpar. needless to say, my expectations arent too high these days!

Duff

Good news now you can ship via UPS... waiting for the UPS sucks thread.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel