Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: Canpar

Ordered thru canpar many times from various retailers, never a problem with delivery drivers or damaged boxes, always been good service and on time.

Sorry to hear about your situation Vinny. As for the worst i would have to vote either fed ex or purolator, both have "lost" things in transit more than a few times

CGN Regular
    ahhh canpar, where to start
    1st ammo order, delivered to my door! thought- we don't get mail to our door this is nice
    2nd ammo order delivered to canada post with hazardous stickers ripped off... thought- fight the power! screw canada post not delivering hazmat
    3rd ammo order......... we don't come to your town....thought- uhhhhh...... what?
    4th ammo order delivered to my door.... thought- something going on
    5th ammo order we don't come to your town.... we can drop it off at the auto body shop two towns away... driver calls me as he's going through my town, yeah we aren't allowed to stop there, i can stop on the highway. thought- WTF?

Thoughts.... at least be consistent in your tom foolery!!!

SCREW CANPAR

We,ve never had an issue with Canpar either.
    They've dropped off everything, including the wife's Baby Eagle 45acp.
    Right there on the doorstep for us to pick-up when we got home that evening.
    It was summer so it didn't freeze.
    When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

So far knock on wood, CanPar has been OK for me. Last UPS was delayed 4 days because they said the wrong address was on the parcel and they couldn't find my house. When I finally picked up the parcel I saw that it had the correct address and the correct postal code. My postal code covers a whopping 7 houses and about 100yds of turf. The house number was correct on the parcel as well which means that out of 7 houses they couldn't find my house that was correctly marked. As a matter of fact, if you just type my postal code into your smartphone a map instantly appears with the 7 houses highlighted.

Ordering from a company in the USA that delivers by FedEx??? Forget about it!!

To the OP, Sorry to hear your hassles with CanPar.
    Space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by JDK11 View Post
    We,ve never had an issue with Canpar either.
    They've dropped off everything, including the wife's Baby Eagle 45acp.
    Right there on the doorstep for us to pick-up when we got home that evening.
    It was summer so it didn't freeze.
    The Canpar delivery guy left a restricted firearm on your doorstep without signature?

they tried to deliver my dominion arms grizzly to the wrong house. I only found out because i got messaged on facebook by the person who got the slip. Wrong street and wrong postal code.

Quote Originally Posted by In The Black View Post
    Brutal Vinny, that stinks.

I think it has a lot to do with the driver running your route and their attitude. From what I have seen with our (works) couriers, they get overloaded to an unreasonable workload often.

Our Canpar guy is great, my deliveries come fast and prompt, though I do have them shipped to a business...

Good Luck.

ITB
    I think you are right about the driver's attitude. The last Canpar shipment I got, the driver called me on my cell phone to check what time I would be home and then came by 6:30ish PM. With Canpar I can leave a sticker on my door after the first drop attempt, stating I would pick up at the hub the next day. With UPS and Canada Post, it's totally disregarded. I guess the fact that it's always the same driver coming around, and maybe some PR on my part, makes it so.

Canpar left a sig 320 and 250 rounds of 9mm on my step today. And this is like the 4th time they've left a restricted firearm in plain view.

Quote Originally Posted by Lungorthin View Post
    The Canpar delivery guy left a restricted firearm on your doorstep without signature?
    I've had that twice, I was stunned on both occasions but that's the way they roll.

Candocad.
    [FONT="Verdana"]Take that shot and take it well, because there is unlikely to be another chance.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by NVShooter View Post
    I have to agree with ITB on every point.

If you know of anyone with a business whose address you can use, that makes a HUGE difference IMO.

Sorry to hear of your frustration.
    +1

I get stuff delivered to my work address and he comes in grudgingly with my ammo 🙂