Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Canpar

"East of the Rockies, and west of the rest" - Corb Lund
    My ammo was handed off by Canpar to Loomis. Loomis made 2 attempts, the last being Thursday. I went to Loomis to pick up the ammo today (Wednesday). They said they shipped it back to Canpar yesterday, which is on the opposite end of the city. I drove to Canpar and they said it was shipped back to the sender at Loomis' request. I was not a happy camper.

"East of the Rockies, and west of the rest" - Corb Lund
    Quote Originally Posted by NVShooter View Post
    I have to agree with ITB on every point.

If you know of anyone with a business whose address you can use, that makes a HUGE difference IMO.

Sorry to hear of your frustration.
    The problem I find is when the dealer refuses to ship to an address other than my PAL address. Even though I explain it'll get to me that way, I'll never be home for it otherwise.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rugerman's Avatar
    CanPar is the worst business model, IMO. I ordered some components, it was a large shipment, and they said they were sending it by Canpar. Ok, so I start tracking it because it is making it's way from Ontario to BC. Ok, finally, tracking says it's at a depot 50 miles away from me that morning. I call the local CanPar rep, give them my name and tracking number and ask if my shipment has arrived. There is a very long pause. Her response, "Uh, maybe." Excuse me? Is it or isn't it? The depot is 50 miles away and I waited an extra hour just in case.
    So she says that, yes, it's there. But I can't pick it up. Uhhh, why not?? Another long pause. "I am not supposed to tell you that it's here." So, I say what kind of business is it that can't tell me when my shipment has arrived. She apologised profusely and said that it was CanPar's policy not to deliver packages that were too far away from the depot. I told her I knew that they didn't like to deliver (I am 12 miles from the depot) but I was more than willing to come and pick it up. She said well we're not supposed to let you do that either. ?????
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this point. So, i asked her what would happen to my shipment. "Oh, it goes back to Richmond (240 miles away) and then CanPar drops it off at Canada Post and they deliver it." Are you serious??? "Yes, and I could get in trouble for telling you that your boxes are here but if you hurry and get in within the next hour- I will let you take them. BUT you have to promise you won't tell anyone I let you take them."
    That is some business model . . .
    Recently, I had another shipment come from Canpar. I tried to get it changed to CP but it was too late. I called the owner of the CanPar depot who I happen to know. She affirmed that was CanPar's policy. She said that sometimes people aren't home so they don't like to drive too far for nothing. I asked why they couldn't phone first. Or even let a customer know so they can come and get it. She said that would be a reasonable thing to do but CanPar won't allow it. She did say, however, that she would call me when it arrived but, once again, I was sworn to secrecy. And I had to get there first thing as they are instructed to send the packages back the same day.
    And that is my experience with CanPar. I will not have anything shipped by them anymore.
    Banning legal handguns is nothing more than a victory for symbolism over substance, for activity over achievement.
    © National Post 2006

After forging my signature, yes. It was addressed to my wife, the only one in the house with an R-PAL.
    When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

CGN frequent flyer
    Maybe its a problem with your specific region
    I live in Ontario, and I've never had a problem with them.
    I have problems with Canada post not actually coming to my door, I've even had them leave the delivery attempt notice the day after it was "out for delivery" with the day before's date on it lol Like they came back just to put the note on my door

Been non stop problems with canpar here in NL,though mostly from their call centre which is located god knows where(I've yet to call and speak to anyone who actually spoke English with any degree of mastery).

Last time a delivery slip was left at my door,I had to call the 1800 number to set up a delivery time,or so I could pick it up.after numerous employees,who game ms the following excuses:

1.your ammo was not delivered because it's illegal to ship ammo (good one)
    2.your ammo was not delivered because we dont deliver to you city(even better one)
    3.theres no canpar services in your province(realllllly?)
    4.your package has been delivered,and you signed for it.(while I was out of the province,and there was nobody at my home)
    5.this is my favourite one,and deserves some back story:after 4 attempts to deal with canpar to schedule a drop off,none of which the driver actually received,or for me to pick up from the warehouse,I finally spoke to someone who seemed to at least understand rudimentary English,and was pleasant enough to talk to and genuinely seemed interested in helping me,we finally came to the agreement that I could go pick up the package and he done with it.....but she couldn't provide me with an address to do that,or a phone number...

And here's the best part....the only way I managed to get the package was when I saw a canpar marked truck passing me I flagged him down and asked him how the hell I could get a package from them.the poor guy let me follow him back to the warehouse,and looked through all the crap they had that was never delivered and we finally found it.

If there's ANY other option for shipping ammo other then canpar,I'd take it...I don't care if it's horse and buggy,or if I have to pay a bit for it,but screw canpar.
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

CGN Regular
    Terrible service.
    They leave a note on your door stating they missed you with a phone number to call to arrange second delivery. Can't seem to get through to anyone. After the second delivery attempt they leave your parcel at a holding facility in a different city that is an hour's drive away. Looked up the address on the delivery slip only to find out they have moved down the street. Their website is terrible.

Who does that? Give me UPS /FedEx or Canada Post any day over Canpar.
    Last edited by ARrifleman; 02-08-2017 at 09:58 PM.

Dealt with them once and multiple issues. Mostly do to a lack of customer service and people on the phone saying one thing then something else happens. They didn't even bother to respond to any of my complaints so now I avoid them whenever I can. Free is nice but I got what I paid for with them.

I avoid the can am order now due to canpar experiences also. I would start shopping with them again if they switched.
    I have to take a half day off work or drive 1.25 hours to pick up my packages. Neither of those options constitute a good deal.
    Member of CSSA, NFA, OFSC, EGAH
    All brass proceeds support club functions (take a kid fishing derby)

BANNED
    I miss out on many deals at reputable vendors as I refuse to have anything to do with CANPAR