Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: Canpar

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by minniehill2 View Post
    I avoid the can am order now due to canpar experiences also. I would start shopping with them again if they switched.
    I have to take a half day off work or drive 1.25 hours to pick up my packages. Neither of those options constitute a good deal.
    Thought I was the only one that had to drive that far to get to a holding facility....LOL

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    None are great, canpar is fine where i am, canada post carded out 2 rifles the same delivery time to 2 different post offices so i had to get one and sign for it then head over to the other side of town to get the other! Pricks!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

SO a couple thousand more negative words on canpar in addition to the numerous other posts.
    Yet they are the only deal in town to ship ammo?

Any one wonder WHY THAT IS??

Perhaps our provincial CFO's require an education in as far as how irresponsibly this Company is handling both Restricted weapons and associated ammunition.

Cause blowing steam off on this forum is not going to change in any way, the gross negligence and actions of a paid Canadian courier company that is canpar....

This is no longer a joke, not that it ever was. Why have we put up with this inadequate delivery operation for so long?

Action is required.
    Make certain that you Enjoy life! You are never going to be younger than you are today.

CanPar has been hit and miss for me. When I first started getting projectiles shipped to me, the driver would actually call my cell if I wasn't home to receive it, and we'd arrange to meet somewhere convenient for both of us to pick up the package that day. They must have switched drivers a year or two back, as that doesn't happen any more.

I've actually got some shellholders being delivered by CanPar this week (could have gone Canada Post for $2.00 more... sigh); wasn't home when they tried on Monday, and their tracking website for today has the following entries:
    - 8:xxAM - out for delivery
    - 4:xxPM - non-attempt

Haven't seen that last one before, but I'm assuming it's likely to do with a route being cancelled due to the horrible weather we're getting here in Victoria today (snow, wind, sleet). Lotus-land, my butt...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by NHunter View Post
    SO a couple thousand more negative words on canpar in addition to the numerous other posts.
    Yet they are the only deal in town to ship ammo?

Any one wonder WHY THAT IS??

Perhaps our provincial CFO's require an education in as far as how irresponsibly this Company is handling both Restricted weapons and associated ammunition.

Cause blowing steam off on this forum is not going to change in any way, the gross negligence and actions of a paid Canadian courier company that is canpar....

This is no longer a joke, not that it ever was. Why have we put up with this inadequate delivery operation for so long?

Action is required.
    Might not want to get the CFO or any authority involved, as you said they are the only reasonably priced alternative so if they get kiboshed, we are up crap creek with out any ammo!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    Might not want to get the CFO or any authority involved, as you said they are the only reasonably priced alternative so if they get kiboshed, we are up crap creek with out any ammo!
    Disagree.

Why are they the only (if only) courier in Canada to ship ammo?
    If they're utter disregard for normal, proven shipping practices are not governed, if they continue to drop off restricted firearms on door steps, if they continue to invent new reasons why they can not find the same address which they report on their tracking site as as found yesterday, and unable to locate today (in a long, long list....) then why should they not be reported. Why should we (and Canadian CFO's) not expect their delivery standards, operational practices to meet a responsible guideline? They seem to operate (if you call it that) with impunity of their glaring neglect.

And again - why are they the only outfit which ships ammo in this country as I know that ammo sales are on the increase...
    Make certain that you Enjoy life! You are never going to be younger than you are today.

They are awful for home deliveries , good for businesses but last time I ordered ammo they didn't have discreet packaging and my boss chewed me a new a$$hole for getting 1200 rounds of 7.62 delivered to the office
    Pew pew pew

CGN frequent flyer In The Black's Avatar
    Couriers have a tough gig. They get a bad rap when they follow the rules and a bad rap when they break them.

Personally I'm ecstatic when the leave my stuff w/o signature, like they are doing me a favour, rather than have to wait or track it down at the depot.

ITB

The trick with Canpar is to stay away from home deliveries, but that's not always possible. I have them deliver at my work where there's actually a receptionist. Never had a problem, they seem to be designed to cater to businesses. I do the same thing with UPS and Fedex. There's nothing worse than delivery companies and condos, they don't even try. If I ever lived in a condo again I would rent a box at the local UPS store and would have my packages delivered there. There's even self storage places that offer that service. Sure getting other people to sign for guns isn't great, but it beats them being left on your doorstep.

Are you guys in rural areas? I always receive my packages on time in the Ottawa area from canpar and ups. But there's usually something sticking out of the box(AR gas block sights or shotgun ghost ring sights) which confirms to me that canpar handles its packages with zero respect.
    I completely agree that there is a NEED for an alternative shipper from some retailers.
    Canada post has been the only shipper that looses items and magically returns them.
    It seems all the shipper choices are lacking!