Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: Canpar

I just received my first ever ammo order to my rural property the other day. It came super fast and luckily someone was home to sign.. I am a bit concerned now for future orders after reading this thread.
    Has anyone used a Pudo location to have something shipped to?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Man, I WISH Canpar would drop ammo for me without a signature. Small town,very little crime, it could sit quite safely there until I got to it. Instead they leave a notification, and it can to be a pain. Now I get everything shipped to my friends business. Everyone that works there is a hunter/shooter and they all have PAL's, so it's a good solution. My favorite is UPS though, the driver calls me and we make arrangements. Heck, he doesn't want to schlep the parcel back to Vancouver any more than I want him to take it back!
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Canpar has always been terrible and I've had nothing but bad experiences with them. Exact same stuff as everybody else. As far as I'm concerned, I refuse to use them.
    Romans 13:4

100% agree with this! Every dang time i have a shipment of ammo coming from CANPAR I automatically assume I will be driving like a madman to their depot on lunch break, trying to get my package that has been "attempted" to have been delivered 4 times before its sent back to the shipper. Sure its easy to have non-ammo or firearm items sent to your place of work because someone is always there to sign, but may Zeus help you if you aren't home between 11am-2pm because you have no chance of getting your item.
    If given the option i will always choose another courier even if the price of shipping is double what CANPAR offers. TBH I find myself avoiding online gun stores that only offer this option.

Complete opposite for me now, at one time I was in the same boat, but now the guy that delivers Canpar in my area is awesome, couldn't ask for better if I'm not home he calls me and asks if I want it left elsewhere or if I'm just out and about will take it in back and put it in my screened deck room if I ask, he has never disappointed.

UPS on the other hand use to contract to purolator but quit, now it's a complete joke, never same driver, never on the expected date, always some rusted out van with either a 80 year old guy that can't get a days deliveries done in 3 days, or some guy that looks like he was just crawling around under the truck changing the oil.

I avoid places that ship ammo UPS best I can and will pay more at places that offer purolator or canpar, sad thing is not always possible when looking for a specific ammo.

I'm a courier and delivering toys is always most important to me. Most bosses are on your ass to take care of Apple and such,most packages can be driver released with in reason as for Canpar they are Loomis and DHL it's a pretty confused company Transforce or whatever they are these days. Be nice to the driver always just saying I know the people who behave get better treatment even a phone call if they're not home. I've had good luck with my own stuff in the post no complaints even greyhound isn't too bad. Just be aware most couriers are so screwed by Amazon lack of extra help and totally ridiculously messed up work places.

Quote Originally Posted by noname13 View Post
    I'm a courier and delivering toys is always most important to me. Most bosses are on your ass to take care of Apple and such,most packages can be driver released with in reason as for Canpar they are Loomis and DHL it's a pretty confused company Transforce or whatever they are these days. Be nice to the driver always just saying I know the people who behave get better treatment even a phone call if they're not home. I've had good luck with my own stuff in the post no complaints even greyhound isn't too bad. Just be aware most couriers are so screwed by Amazon lack of extra help and totally ridiculously messed up work places.
    After many years of silence - welcome back..!
    Make certain that you Enjoy life! You are never going to be younger than you are today.

I had a parcel sent to me canpar. Ended up being loomis for final step. Driver left one notice saying three failed attempts and i was to pick up at the depot. I get there and they can not find my items because driver did not know where they were in his truck. They emailed me three days later saying it would be returned to sender if I didn't pick it up. I get there and they don't have it. Driver was only making second attempt according to them. Such a disorganized gongshow

purolator is the worst where I am. Canada post always leaves it at the door .the Canpar lady that's comes to my place is good

Never have any problem with them.
    Harriston Pistol Club, CSSA