Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: Canpar

CGN Ultra frequent flyer PinkyPlinker's Avatar
    My Canpar driver is awesome. Texts me in the morning when he has a package for me and if I'm not going to be home I arrange to meet him along his route when convenient for me. I've even gone to his house after work and pulled my case of ammo out of his truck.
    Probably helps that he's a gunnie too. My first package he delivered was an SKS and crate of ammo. He knew right away what it was and talked about the one he has.

Why is Canada Ammo so quiet on this matter? With the volume they must push thru Canpar, they should have some sort of pull in these matters regardless of Canpar policy's.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkyPlinker View Post
    My Canpar driver is awesome. Texts me in the morning when he has a package for me and if I'm not going to be home I arrange to meet him along his route when convenient for me. I've even gone to his house after work and pulled my case of ammo out of his truck.
    Probably helps that he's a gunnie too. My first package he delivered was an SKS and crate of ammo. He knew right away what it was and talked about the one he has.
    Mine lives across the street and when we are not home she takes it home with her.Then when we are home she walks across the street with my package..

Quote Originally Posted by (!) View Post
    Why is Canada Ammo so quiet on this matter? With the volume they must push thru Canpar, they should have some sort of pull in these matters regardless of Canpar policy's.
    As should Western Metal Ammo......?
    Make certain that you Enjoy life! You are never going to be younger than you are today.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Well, thanks to all those who shared their stories. Some are funny, and the comic relief is welcome. It's good to know I'm not the only one who's been cursed by canpar.

For those who asked, I live in a high-rise condo building in downtown quebec city, I'm not in a rural area where the driver has to drive an hour and a half to get to my place for a single package. He probably has to deliver like 10 package within a kilometer from my address. It would take about 3 minutes to ge to my building, push a button on the intercom, then get to the magical device that would teleport him to my door (it's called an elevator) and drop the package. But he's too lazy even for just that. It's definitely not a case of bad address either, you can see the address on the tracking website, and it's the right address. In any case, my building is large enough that it has its own postal code, so if you manage to write my name and my postal code on a package and nothing else, it would get to me. And I work in a large goverment office, so sending my personnal stuff to my work address is not an option.

The first ammo shipment, the driver left if at the intercom (there's a door which isn't locked, then you get to the intercom, and the second door is locked. Visitors use the intercom to call the condo, and we can unlock the door from our condo using the intercom system), so technically, anyone had access to those 1000 ammos without even really entering the building. The second one is only 100 rounds, so I'm still wondering if I should even go pick it up or let them incur the cost of sending it back to canam. Haaaaa, I'll go pick it up, 100 rounds is 100 rounds...

I buy pretty much everything online nowadays, including about half of my groceries. And honestly, I've had little problems with every courriers, such as delays (a day or two) or packages going to the wrong pick up location so I had to drive 10 minutes instead of 5, or some little things like that. But nothing like canpar. Canpar is the only company that makes me wonder if the whole company being run by a bunch of lemurs on crack.

Boycotting them isn't about making them lose business; the amount they will lose with my boycott is meaningless. Even if everyone on CGN decided to boycott them right today it wouldn't even make a blip on their bottom line. It's just that I personnaly choose not to deal with lemurs anymore. Especially illegal-substances-abusing lemurs.

The law pretty much forces us to lock our guns and ammos in an impenetrable safe guarded by bears with lasers, but they just dump that stuff anywhere they find is convenient to them. If we were 1/10 as careless with our firearms or ammunitions as they are, we'd all be in jail.

UPS is also allowed to carry hazardous materials such as ammunitions/powder/primers. Not sure about puro or FedEx. Every carrier can carry firearms.

Anyway, my post was mostly to tell canam why I'm not gonna buy from them anymore. Vendors can't improve their operations unless their clients tell them what they do right and what they do wrong. If we just vanish without saying a word they'll never know why.

Canpar has been circling the bowl for a while now, the service (in my area at least) was pretty good but my last order got held at a depot 6hrs away and they can't seem to get anything sorted out on that. If this is the new normal service level I may be buying elsewhere in order to avoid this nonsense.

Edit: some of my order was handed over to Canada Post and arrived but the main case of goodies is still MIA.

Once they delivered me a 2200$ empty box. Repacked.. Chrome Desert Eagle missing.

Got a replacement gun and on top of that i sued em to the small claim court and managed to get 600$.

I hate em.
    gunpowder for breakfast and Trudeau for the circus

No problems with Canpar but, like others, I ship to my work address.
    I do have an agreement with my boss to do this (and it helps to make friends with the receiver).
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

I have had all great experiences with canpar, not so much canada post or fedex

CGN frequent flyer In The Black's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vince514 View Post
    Once they delivered me a 2200$ empty box. Repacked.. Chrome Desert Eagle missing.

Got a replacement gun and on top of that i sued em to the small claim court and managed to get 600$.

I hate em.

Was anything in the box? The case? I'm trying to imagine the shock / disappointment / anger face that would have come shortly after opening...

ITB