Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: Canpar

CGN Regular
    Not trying to defend Canpar or anything but I have to say I was rather pleased with them the last delivery they made to me.

I live in a rural area and my driveway is like a tunnel to Narnia. Combined with the 8000 No Trespass signs I have up I was almost expecting delivery issues but mid afternoon on the expected delivery date the driver called my cell and asked if the lane was suitable for his truck to come up. I just jumped on the atv and met him at the road.
    Would have been easier for him to just keep on his route and say I wasn't home but he didn't. Good job in my opinion.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Knock on wood on the excellent service thus far from Canpar. Majority of time deliver to my door on estimated date. Granted my home is in central Vancouver Area.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

CanPar is generally unpredictable with to-home deliveries. I specifically ask for every shipment to be clearly marked in bold and on multiple sides "HOLD FOR PICKUP".

Believe it or not, this is also a gamble, it's been put on a truck regardless to a degree of frustration.

When they do hold it for pick up at least I can pick it up on my terms and schedule - even if it is out of the way and not necessarily convenient.

we have had so many issues with Canpar, I totally understand your frustration!
    The killick
    NFA Member
    CSSA Member
    FQT Member

Super GunNutz
    so far i've been happy with canpar, though im sure i just cursed it!

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    We have activated our account with UPS and will be using them for most deliveries once our site is set up to print their labels

Quote Originally Posted by In The Black View Post
    Was anything in the box? The case? I'm trying to imagine the shock / disappointment / anger face that would have come shortly after opening...

ITB
    Everything was in original box repacked / rewrapped except 5 pounds of brushed stainless steel.

The box was heavy even with DE
    missing inside. They laughed in my face for a while.. but i won..
    gunpowder for breakfast and Trudeau for the circus

Quote Originally Posted by (!) View Post
    Why is Canada Ammo so quiet on this matter? With the volume they must push thru Canpar, they should have some sort of pull in these matters regardless of Canpar policy's.
    Not quiet. We are in constant contact with canpar on this matter, but to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyledempsey1 View Post
    I've been tempted to make an order from Canada ammo a few times but then I remember that they ship with canpar. I would rather pay to have a firearm shipped with Canada post than have it shipped for free with canpar. I'm sure they're losing a lot of business by only shipping canpar and they don't seem to care.
    you can request post in the note, no charge

we certainly care, and have stated so several times in these threads.

CGN frequent flyer In The Black's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vince514 View Post
    Everything was in original box repacked / rewrapped except 5 pounds of brushed stainless steel.

The box was heavy even with DE
    missing inside. They laughed in my face for a while.. but i won..

That's far from a laughing matter, I would have been outraged. It just takes 1 bad employee....
    I'm glad it worked out for you. I imagine it was a trade for a few sleepless nights though..

ITB