Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 911121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Canpar

CGN Regular
    Canpar just brought me 10 flats of shotgun shells. A day early and before lunchtime. I've had good results with them in the past too.

Never again canpar, never again. Refused to deliver to my town after getting my town name wrong 3 times. Had to drive 1 hour both ways to nearest city to pick up my rifle. Never apologized, lied multiple times, talked to 3 different customer service people all told me different stories of what city it was currently at. I guess when you have free shipping you get walked on big time. Did I mention that all those people could barely speak English??

Canpar,
    If they have no offices in the area they sub it out to Fedex or Purolator.
    I have had the same problem with Canpar.
    The last delivery the driver did not even ring the doorbell.
    I was home and I saw him drop the package at my front door and walk away.
    But you pay the minimum of $25 for shipping and you get this.
    Pfffth.

It appears to be a regional issue --- depends on the competence of the local warehouse staff, with probably very poor central management ensuring uniform service quality (norms, training, logistics, etc)

So far they've been great for deliveries to me in the Montreal area.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I just got a shipping notice from UPS!!! What about my CANPAR guy????
    UPS is O.K. But I would like to use CANPAR!!!!

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    I just got a shipping notice from UPS!!! What about my CANPAR guy????
    UPS is O.K. But I would like to use CANPAR!!!!
    Unless you specify, it goes with whoever is cheaper.

Canpar sux

Agree. Nothing but disappointed with Canpar.

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    I'm done with canpar. They don't deliver anymore. They just don't. They keep a package for 4 days, they say they came to your place and there was nobody each of these 4 days (but of course I was there, and they never bothered buzzing), and then they asked if I wanted to pay an extra for a 5th attempt. Last time they just dumped 1000 ammos in the building lobby. Nothing has ever been normal with canpar, not even once. There always something going wrong with them. Sometimes it's just weird, but sometimes it's a whole new level of annoying or it's outright dangerous.

You guys need to offer an alternative. You can do like some others and ship ammos/powders through UPS and the non-hazardous by canada post, or whatever, bring back the pony express if you must, but I'm not buying anything from anyone if it's gonna be shipped by canpar. Charge a bit for shipping if you need, or bump the minimum order from 200$ to 300$, but for the love of everything holy, don't force me to deal with canpar again. I won't do it.

Not your fault, don't take it personnal, it's not you I'm boycotting, it's canpar. But the result is the same. I'm out until canpar is out.

CGN Regular
    they have left a rifle with barrel pokign out of box leaning against my frence, not even on my front porch, also they lost a crate of ammo that i ordered from westrifle, they were very difficult in getting compensated, eventualy westrifle just sent me another crate.

My Canpar is ok, no bad experience except today they repacked my 5000 small pistol primer box, two packs of 100 primers are loose but finally I sort them out with all small primers in the small holding holes, no missing primers.

UPS is also ok until last month when I am waiting at home, the UPS driver only left a pick-up notice, don't even ring the bells, so no more UPS selected in the future. I will put comments in the order instruction, use Canpar for shipping.

I hate canpar. Worst ever. I don't know why some vendors use them anymore. Pricing I suppose. I'd rather pay a bit more and actually receive something at my door.