Thread: Talley question

Talley question

Your website shows Talley rings in several styles. Aside from the QD ones with the lever, you show "fixed" rings, which have 2 screws per ring, and also "screw-lock detachable" ones with 4 screws per ring at roughly $20 more. The fixed ones are not only cheaper but they look much better, IMHO. Any other significant differences? I assume 4-screw rings are stronger, but the 2-screw version is the one Winchester sells, even for use on .375H&H (which is what I intend).

It also appears as though the 2-screw rings can be updated later with levers to convert them to QD. Is this correct?

Any info would be useful.

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jjohnwm View Post
    Your website shows Talley rings in several styles. Aside from the QD ones with the lever, you show "fixed" rings, which have 2 screws per ring, and also "screw-lock detachable" ones with 4 screws per ring at roughly $20 more. The fixed ones are not only cheaper but they look much better, IMHO. Any other significant differences? I assume 4-screw rings are stronger, but the 2-screw version is the one Winchester sells, even for use on .375H&H (which is what I intend).

It also appears as though the 2-screw rings can be updated later with levers to convert them to QD. Is this correct?

Any info would be useful.
    The advantage to the QD is that you can take the scope off and the rings stay attached in place for quick re-mounting. Yes, they can be upgraded later by simply buying a set of levers. All are plenty strong enough for any rifle.
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

Gotcha; the screw-lock has separate screws for fastening the ring around the scope and for fastening to the rifle. Makes sense. Order incoming!

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jjohnwm View Post
    Gotcha; the screw-lock has separate screws for fastening the ring around the scope and for fastening to the rifle. Makes sense. Order incoming!
    Many thanks, good time to order with no tax and free ship (if over 200.00)
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9