Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got my gong today..

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Range Rabbit View Post
    Take some pics if you dent it! If you ruin it I'll send you another. You're my Official 338 Testing Department :-)

Shoot safe. Glenn.
    So if I decide to buy one and blast it with my 22 LR at 30 yards will you do the same if I dent it?

Can I be your official 22 tester.
    America last
    America can never be great again until...
    Dream revolver Ruger 0456
    Pass on pre-orders

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie_1986 View Post
    I will probably start at 300 and work my way in 100 meters at a time and see where damage starts to occur ? 100 meters being the closest I will go. Looks like I will have to load some rounds for the TRG tomorrow. When I read "If you ruin it " that sounded like a challenge lol. I'm pretty destructive :-)
    Consider yourself challenged! You're right, 100 metres is a common minimum.
    Glenn.

BANNED
    I have two 12" square plates and 1 24" square plate , for smaller chamberings no issues with the closer ranges, I try not to shoot the more destructive stuff at close range.

I also have some 8" mild steel 1" thick gongs for sacrificial use, 300Gr SMK doesn't go right through at 500 , like hitting pudding with butter.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie_1986 View Post
    As for starting at 1000 well 1000 and beyond is where I intend to do most of my shooting with my .338 rifles. There will be a scattered time where I will be set up closer shooting my .308 and may want to blast a few .338 rounds. By the looks of what skoal said I don't have much to worry about.

Hah where are you shooting to 1000 in NL, and can i come? Be sure to take some pictures of your testing, im curious to say the least.

My two 12" x12" showed up and look great. Looking forward to smacking steel way out there with my 300 rum. Thanks again for the free shipping

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GLOCK_PERFECTION's Avatar
    I just ordered a 12" gong and a set of holder for sporting clay.
    This post is the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "GLOCK_PERFECTION". These posts are for entertainment use. Any use, in whole or in part, for reference outside this forum requires the express written consent of its author.

CGN Regular
    Oh I cant give away my super secret shooting spot !! lol I will definitely be taking pictures. All jokes aside with a quad you can find some decent shooting spots for distance. I went in somewhere the other day in my truck (bad idea) and got it buried in snow, almost busted the strap pulling it out. If I recall the strap had a breaking strength of 80,000lbs too...

I may start out at 400 meters instead of 300 and then work my way into 100. Take 4 or 5 shots at each distance, then take pictures showing the results and move in 100 meters at a time. Then start the process over. That way I show the impacts at each range. Between each stage of shooting I will repaint the target. Don't get me wrong I love the "Combat Grey" Ha, its just that fluorescent orange is easier to see with a snowy background lol.

Once I am done with the distance testing and pictures that is when I will really give the target a hard time. I intend to keep hitting the target in the same spot unit it gives, or I run out of ammo. If I run out of ammo I will resort to throwing rocks at it hahaha

My Sightron SIII has since been removed from my Savage 10TR, and is back on my TRG 42. All I have to do is sight in and work up a load, I have some reloads I need to run through it, decide what load I will run and then we are off. I'm figuring Monday maybe ? 285 Gr Hornady ELD's is my choice of bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaline1 View Post
    Hah where are you shooting to 1000 in NL, and can i come? Be sure to take some pictures of your testing, im curious to say the least.

CGN Regular
    The past couple of storms has held me off from shooting at this gong. Once I can get out shooting I will get some photos up and let you all know how it worked out...

"East of the Rockies, and west of the rest" - Corb Lund
    This is the first I heard of you guys. Just browsing your site. I'll be placing an order soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12