Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got my gong today..

CGN Regular

Got my gong today..

Woo hoo got my 12" gong today ! How well will this thing hold up to .338 lapua at 300 meters and beyond ? Maybe 400 meters would be a better starting point ?

You'll scratch the paint and that's about it
    Go read that shlock to a soldier or a fireman or a football player or a bloody barber Theyll all knock your "this" right down your throat while sippin a beer and eating chicken wings.Then wipe their wee fingers on your pretty little pouch"

BANNED
    What type of steel?

338 LM , Start at 1,000. That is kind of a starting point for that chambering.

Mine will dimple very slightly at 500 , at 1000 , it takes the paint off and you can barely feel where it hit.AR400 steel.

Shot at mine once at 200 , dumb thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Timoffee View Post
    What type of steel?

Mine will dimple very slightly at 500 , at 1000 , it takes the paint off and you can barely feel where it hit.AR400 steel.

These are ar500
    Go read that shlock to a soldier or a fireman or a football player or a bloody barber Theyll all knock your "this" right down your throat while sippin a beer and eating chicken wings.Then wipe their wee fingers on your pretty little pouch"

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Timoffee View Post
    What type of steel?

As for starting at 1000 well 1000 and beyond is where I intend to do most of my shooting with my .338 rifles. There will be a scattered time where I will be set up closer shooting my .308 and may want to blast a few .338 rounds. By the looks of what skoal said I don't have much to worry about.

Don't get too close and make sure you hang it properly

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie_1986 View Post
    Woo hoo got my 12" gong today ! How well will this thing hold up to .338 lapua at 300 meters and beyond ? Maybe 400 meters would be a better starting point ?
    Take some pics if you dent it! If you ruin it I'll send you another. You're my Official 338 Testing Department :-)

Shoot safe. Glenn.

CGN Regular
    I have a piece of Hardox 450 I have been shooting. Managed to get it free from a guy I knew at a local welding shop. I welded some lugs onto the back of it and hung it at about a 15 degree angle. Shooting it at 100 meters didn't do much to it other than knock off the paint. Its also 3/4" thick though too so it didn't swing much (very heavy). The bullet would just shatter and fragment into the ground.

Glenn that sounds like a plan. I'm still waiting on my Patriot Lite, but I'm thinking of putting my Sightron SIII back on the TRG 42 and see how this gong holds up.

Quote Originally Posted by Range Rabbit View Post
    Take some pics if you dent it! If you ruin it I'll send you another. You're my Official 338 Testing Department :-)

Shoot safe. Glenn.
    +1 That's awesome.

CGN Regular
    I will probably start at 300 and work my way in 100 meters at a time and see where damage starts to occur ? 100 meters being the closest I will go. Looks like I will have to load some rounds for the TRG tomorrow. When I read "If you ruin it " that sounded like a challenge lol. I'm pretty destructive :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast