Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Sales Tax - actual rules from CRA

So WM is needlessly charging 8% to BC customers because the CRA is not to be messed with?

Why not just tell us that they remit BC tax because they are a registered business in BC? Most CGNers would accept that over "we called the CRA hotline".

I have gone through this with an other dealer who is located in Ontario, I am in BC. take a look at this,

I often buy online from Alberta and Ontario and specifically look for the PST savings by doing so. I also know many others that do the same. I am sure this helps online business do more business, seeing that your registered in BC I understand that you need to charge and remit PST, but I believe you don't need to.

Businesses in Canada but Outside BC
    You must register to collect and remit PST if you are located outside BC (see Location of Your Business below) but within Canada and regularly do all of the following: 
    -sell taxable goods to customers in BC 
    -accept purchase orders (including by telephone, mail, email or Internet) for taxable goods from customers located in BC 
    -deliver taxable goods to a location in BC, (this includes goods you ship physically or electronically, even if you deliver the goods through a third party, such as a courier) 
    -solicit persons in BC (through advertising or other means, including mail, email, fax, newspaper or the Internet) for orders to purchase taxable goods

I I don't think you solicit sales in BC

Have a look at the bulletin this was taken from:http://www.sbr.gov.bc.ca/documents_l...ns/pst_001.pdf

Just saying, may work in your favor, as it may for other vendors who don't collect PST

Phil

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    No one has confirmed CRA is involved in BC PST nor would get involved.
    BC PST is 7%.

BTW: Very satisfied with my one order from WMI. Selection, price, service, shipping was great. Almost didn’t click the ORDER button when PST came up but already had painstaking selected everything for the free shipping so begrudgingly ordered. Too bad they charge PST as several subsequent orders would have been with WMI but that business went to non PST charging companies. Really too bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMacLard View Post
    So WM is needlessly charging 8% to BC customers because the CRA is not to be messed with?

Why not just tell us that they remit BC tax because they are a registered business in BC? Most CGNers would accept that over "we called the CRA hotline".
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789