Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: B&T TP9 carbine

B&T TP9 carbine

Hello guys !

Wondering if you will have more of them available in the future ?
    Color doesn't matter, but I like the front grip. I know some models have a rail instead...

https://www.wolverinesupplies.com/ProductDetail/BTHBT30105ABLK_Brugger---Thomet-TP9-Carbine-Black-9mm-With-Aimpoint

Quote Originally Posted by DavenK View Post
    Hello guys !

Wondering if you will have more of them available in the future ?
    Color doesn't matter, but I like the front grip. I know some models have a rail instead...

https://www.wolverinesupplies.com/Pr...-With-Aimpoint
    That should be a stock item, if out they should be on order, I will have to look in to it on Monday.

Wow, amazingly fast answer lol

Just a couple more questions for you;

Is it possible to purchase without Aimpoint ?

Is it classified as pistol or carbine ? (you know... I like 10 rounders)

Also how many mags comes with it and I guess you guys have spare mags for sale ?

Wow, amazingly fast answer lol

Just a couple more questions for you;

Is it possible to purchase without Aimpoint ?

Is it classified as pistol or carbine ? (you know... I like 10 rounders)

Also how many mags comes with it and I guess you guys have spare mags for sale ?
    Your timing was perfect. They come with the Aimpoint that is not an option. She is a CV (Commercial Version of an SMG) I tried getting a HG version approved with 10 rd mags but it was denied. She comes with two mags and we should have spares available.

OP, you will not be disappointed. I've owned a Kommando, cobra, Phoenix, brs99, SAF, etc and this is the best feeling/handling smg. Trigger isn't great though but the feel and the fact Wolverine keeps spare parts and mags on hand is great.
    If all it took was closing a couple of shooting ranges to stop gun-toting Yanks from coming to our city, maybe we should have shut the doors on these clubs years ago.-Adam Vaughan, City Councillor, Toronto. now a Federal Liberal

Quote Originally Posted by maddogz View Post
    OP, you will not be disappointed. I've owned a Kommando, cobra, Phoenix, brs99, SAF, etc and this is the best feeling/handling smg. Trigger isn't great though but the feel and the fact Wolverine keeps spare parts and mags on hand is great.
    Copy that. My TP9 in ODG is a favorite, and with the Aimpoint it's quite deadly even out to 100m no issue on an IPSC gong and very rapid acquisition at 30-50m. With the folding stock you have an added measure of accuracy/ confidence you may not get from a regular handheld 9mm pistol - the stock although 'somewhat' short but not VZ61 short, allows rapid consistent head shots on paper at 40-50m - for that added level of excitement that I almost never get with handheld 9mm at that distance. Also I don't have any extra accessories for my TP9, but you can get a drop leg holster, brass catchers, suppressors etc and spare parts seem readily available for now. I also like the little side rail for a flashlight or laser whatever. Also the ability to field strip in mere seconds is definitely a bonus for cleaning.

CONS - Yes, the trigger is the trigger but it's not a Match rifle, some people say it feels lifeless or whatever, I don't know. I have no issues - Probably my biggest complaint is the bolt lock release, it's kind of awkward and not the easiest thing to disengage, it's just this kind of flat metal tab that's neither a button or a switch, it takes some getting used to. Other minor complaint is the lack of ability to 'Pop drop the mags, you basically have to manually pull them out once released. Also the Irons are pretty much for show. But as far as operations go (in nearly 2 years) I've never had any failure to eject or failure to feed that I can remember, but when you seat the mag, you gotta make sure it seats, it will fool you sometimes.

I believe the TP9 was originally designed for under the jacket VIP style protection or motorcade security assist use and CQB? And no doubt loaded with some 147gr XTP's it packs a serious punch. Yes it was expensive at a time when the reviews weren't all that stellar, but again it's more than just a 9mm - probably one of the closest to a CZ Scorpion style SBR you can get in Canada.

I'm sure for those that want an Angstad 9mm style AR you can go that route too, but the B&T is pretty unique.
    Last edited by DUC_Dali; 02-12-2017 at 06:23 PM.

Thanks guys ! Appreciated review.

I was planning on using a Trijicon RMR RM08G on it.

I owned a airsoft version of the TP9, KWA MP9.
    How accurate to the TP9 is this airsoft replica ?

Thanks guys ! Appreciated review.

I was planning on using a Trijicon RMR RM08G on it.

I owned a airsoft version of the TP9, KWA MP9.
    How accurate to the TP9 is this airsoft replica ?
    Airsoft.. What's that? Don't you mean Air Supply?

I have had mine for 3 or 4 years now 3000 rds and O issues, I love it with my aimpoint

I noticed that the current B&T MP9/TP9 at B&T website is the N model.

Can you confirm the TP9 you are bringing in are the N? For example, the safety on the N is a lever, not a push button like the one.
    Last edited by greentips; 02-19-2017 at 11:25 AM.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast