Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tikka T3 300wsm

CGN Ultra frequent flyer

Question Tikka T3 300wsm

I got a T3 lite in 300wsm. Your chassis look absolutely fantastic (the t3 lite stock is kind of just a cheap piece of plastic). Anyway, I wanna know a few things:

1-Which version of the chassis am I supposed to buy? Long or short action? Short seems to be for 223/308 and long for 300 win mag and such, but 300 wsm is somewhere in between.
    2-Does any of your magazine work with a 300wsm? The t3 OEM magazines are expensive, flimsy, and only hold 3 rounds. Your polymer mags looks more solid and less expensive, and your metal magazines look like what I expect a magazine to look like. Can I use any of your mag even if I keep my cheapo oem stock or only if I buy one of your chassis?

Thank you for the answers

Vinny

I have never seen a 300 WSM mag on MDT's website but Acurrate Mag makes a 7 round mag 300 WSM magazine that fits the short action AICS magwells. This is the magazine I use in my Rem 700 in a Magpul Hunter stock. I have a Savage 12 in 300 WSM that I plan to put into the MDT ESS short action Chassis and use these same mags.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by TFunfer View Post
    I have never seen a 300 WSM mag on MDT's website but Acurrate Mag makes a 7 round mag 300 WSM magazine that fits the short action AICS magwells. This is the magazine I use in my Rem 700 in a Magpul Hunter stock. I have a Savage 12 in 300 WSM that I plan to put into the MDT ESS short action Chassis and use these same mags.
    And can I ask where would one procure such a mag? I just saw accurate-mag.com has them for sale, but with a "contact us for international orders" kind of shipping rate, which usually means you need to sell a kidney to pay for shipping/duty/import.

If I put my tikka in a LSS or a TAC21 chassis, can I still use my factory tikka mag AND an AICS pattern mag, or it's one or the other?

CGN Regular
    Tagged for interest. That sounds like a nice setup if it all fits.

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    And can I ask where would one procure such a mag? I just saw accurate-mag.com has them for sale, but with a "contact us for international orders" kind of shipping rate, which usually means you need to sell a kidney to pay for shipping/duty/import.

If I put my tikka in a LSS or a TAC21 chassis, can I still use my factory tikka mag AND an AICS pattern mag, or it's one or the other?
    I just looked at the accurate mag website and I clicked on the top toolbar that said "International Sales." Apparently Gravel Agency and Big Horn Sales are the distributors in Canada.

You will not be able to use your Tikka factory mag in an MDT chassis
    It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

Once you put your Tikka into an MDT Chassis you will not be able to use the factory mags only the AICS pattern mags.

Check your PM's.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Thanks everyone. If I end up going with an MDT chassis (quite likely at this point), I'll just sell the one factory mag that came with the rifle. I was thinking about buying another one but now I won't until I decide if I change the chassis or not. 80$ for a tiny flimsy box of plastic is really stretching it imho.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Bump!
    Short or long action for the 300wsm? I'd say short, but just wanna make sure.

CGN Regular
    VinnyQC, you can go either short or long if you want.

If you go short you can leave everything the way it is and use short action magazines but if you want to shoot heavier bullets like 200gr+ you will have to seat your bullets quite deep in the case and that eats up powder capacity.

If it were me, I would go with long action, that way you have room to seat out to 3.56" with heavy bullets if your throat allows for it. The only thing extra that you will need to do is either modify your short action bolt stop by filing it down to long action length or buy a new long action bolt stop.

Up to you and what you needs are.

All Tikka T3 has the same action length the only difference is the magazine and there is a bolt stop to limit the bolt travel for any short action cartridge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast