Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sound Moderator Petition?

They had the petition in Home Hardware Yorkton, I made sure to sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby64 View Post
    Not that it is relevant, but New Zealand actually encourages the use of suppressors for health and safety reasons. They also get 7 in semis. +2 lucky Kiwis!
    Quote Originally Posted by bridgman View Post
    When I was visiting relatives in England I was surprised to find that suppressors were mandatory for hunting in more populated areas.

It just made too much sense.
    I support the use of suppressed firearms for many reasons including hunting but a big part of me fears the likely rise in poaching and less being caught
    “Okay, I reckon the hare gets ####ed”
    “What, Proper ####ed”

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by live4therut View Post
    I support the use of suppressed firearms for many reasons including hunting but a big part of me fears the likely rise in poaching and less being caught
    What would stop poachers from using suppressors in the first place? They're already comfy with breaking the law as it is, what's harm is it in breaking two? Poachers who have been previously convicted might even be under a firearms ban and they still manage to get equipped in that regard. Availability of real suppressors might pose difficulty but there's plenty that seem to be improvised out of oil filters. If they choose to poach with a bow or crossbow its quite irrelevant anyways.

Imagine how many ranges could reduce noise complaints from neighbors if suppressors were legalized? Shooting facilities would benefit, fewer would be closed by NIMBY's who move in next to existing facilities, peoples hearing safety would increase and the sport could get a positive boost. Hunting with a suppressed rifle would be great, hearing safety would get a massive boost there. People need to hear the movement of game when they're hunting, so most don't have hearing protection for the shot or two they'll take. Those unprotected shots add up over the years.

Long overdue, if they don't have an online version I will make sure to sign it at the Toronto Sportsmen Show when we are there exhibiting.
    Rod Embree
    KMG Hunting Safaris

After reviewing it with the owners, we have decided to host the petition. It is available for signing at Reliable Gun now, just ask when you come in.

Regards
    Warren
    FIND US ON FACEBOOK OR FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM

Ph: 604 874 4710 Fax: 604 874 4712
    Toll Free 1 800 407 5224
    3227 Fraser Street • Vancouver • BC • V5V 4B8
    Hours of Store: Tuesday - Friday 9 - 5:30 PM
    Saturday 9 - 5 PM
    EMAIL: orders@reliablegun.com
    http://www.reliablegun.com

Full Line direct dealer for
    Remington, Marlin, Browning, Bushnell, Tikka, Sako, Beretta, Benelli, Savage Arms, Ruger, NightForce, Trijicon, PWS, Nikon, Kel-Tec, Fenix Flashlights, Kent Cartridges and MANY MORE

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by reliablegun View Post
    After reviewing it with the owners, we have decided to host the petition. It is available for signing at Reliable Gun now, just ask when you come in.

Regards
    Warren
    Awesome, coming in this week to sign the petition and probably buy something. Win-win

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Donut View Post
    Awesome, coming in this week to sign the petition and probably buy something. Win-win
    Hopefully it can be a happy new gun day, and some day in the future a happy quiet(er) gun day!

Toll Free 1 800 407 5224
    Saturday 9 - 5 PM

Remington, Marlin, Browning, Bushnell, Tikka, Sako, Beretta, Benelli, Savage Arms, Ruger, NightForce, Trijicon, PWS, Nikon, Kel-Tec, Fenix Flashlights, Kent Cartridges and MANY MORE

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    That's why we luv you, responsible firearm dealers. Will come in to sign and hopefully one day to buy a silencer.
    Quote Originally Posted by reliablegun View Post

Regards
    Warren
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by gwhysow View Post
    Is there a digital copy...also know as the fastest way to get signatures?
    Exactly. It's 2017. Not 1917. Get with the program and set up a online petition. Not everyone lives close and wants to spend money on mail.

Quote Originally Posted by SniperLyfe View Post
    Exactly. It's 2017. Not 1917. Get with the program and set up a online petition. Not everyone lives close and wants to spend money on mail.
    There is a copy on the original sound moderator thread (https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...IALLY-LAUNCHED) where you can download a copy, print off, sign, and send in. Unfortunately we don't have any control over how the petition is created/presented, we're just trying to support the community by offering a place people can come in and sign it. Thanks.

Regards
    Warren

Toll Free 1 800 407 5224
    Saturday 9 - 5 PM

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast