Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sound Moderator Petition?

There is an online signable version. Don't have the link but signed it saturday

Not many places in Ontario where you can sign it...

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Donut View Post
    You and me both.

Would love to be able to get a real corncob to justify the KAC M4QD flashhider, lol!

Last edited by GreenBob; 02-20-2017 at 06:56 PM.
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!

Quote Originally Posted by remyltr View Post
    i am surprised too,please state where in england they are mandatory because the law doesnt state that they are
    Glad you asked. It was quite a while since I was over there, and the subject came up while we were down around Southampton. I did a bit of checking - turns out that use of suppressors while hunting is only "encouraged", not mandatory. It appears to be practically mandatory in places as an indirect consequence of local noise regs, but is not explicitly spelled out in law AFAICS.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenBob View Post

Not many places in Ontario where you can sign it...
    Looks like someone started an online one:

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...tor-E-petition

https://petitions.parl.gc.ca/en/Peti...Petition=e-575

Though I still recommend that if you are in the GRVD area to visit Reliable to sign it in person.

It's a great excuse to drop in, do something for the greater good and find something to blow your paycheck on

I hope these both get a huge amount of signatures and the government has no choice but give it the green light. Hopefully it doesn't end up like the AR15 petition.
    Because of the health and safety of this I think it will have a good chance.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .22LRGUY's Avatar
    Signed

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by booch View Post
    Im not trying to be a smartass or rain on your parade but can anyone provide factual info where a petition actually accomplished anything?

I'd love to see this too but I think this will be as successful as most demonstrations in changing any politicians mind.

If I'm wrong great, but tell me where a petition changed anything.
    Yes. I collected signatures to repeal the hst in BC. So yeah, it CAN work. Can't never could, or so they say. Ink and paper is way more convincing than an online petition.
    Last edited by woofer2609; 02-22-2017 at 06:01 PM.

About the online petition. We launched at the beginning of the month with just a paper one. That's all I could get supported by a Member of Parliament. I still recommend signing one of those if you can, a physical signature sends a very strong message, and as people have mentioned, it's a great excuse to get into Reliable and buy some goodies. For those that honestly can't, a few weeks into the month, Brad Trost contacted me asking to sponsor an e-petition version of the same petition.. We launched that as soon as we could and that can be found here: https://petitions.parl.gc.ca/en/Peti...Petition=e-575

FIREARMRIGHTS.CA

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234