Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IWI Jericho 941S 9mm Muzzle Brake Device

I have one , I could check the pitch ( walle TPI) if I could find my gauge, tonight.
    It seems to work fine, but not indoors in a cement range, the sound is a bit much.

A pipe would be better, but you know, Ca. Also I like to think of the S as steel/ versa plastic.
    I don't like the safety/ hammer drop, but I don't use it anyway, but really like the gun.
    Later,

Quick google search says the thread is 1/2-28 or for metric fans 13.5x1 LH. Isn't that fairly standard?
    Take the red pill.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodo Dug View Post
    Quick google search says the thread is 1/2-28 or for metric fans 13.5x1 LH. Isn't that fairly standard?
    These things are anything but standard, been trying to source/make a thread cap for one of these and can't even source a cutter that matches.
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    While this does not appeal to me; I do have a full sized Jericho .40 in all steel, and it is honestly, the nicest shooting, tightest fitting pistol that I have had the pleasure of owning! The 9mm ones have either been a lot more money than I paid for my .40, or just can not be found. I'm not interested in Polymer.

O.K. I checked, 1/2 x 18 threads / inch Metric don't work.
    Meroh, I bought this as it seemed like a good buy, I bought it from another dealer/ supplier, and I was short of 9mm.
    I like longer guns but this works nice, new with range kit, and 3 mags, under 600.oo
    BTW , At same time I had a canikTP9SFx and those mags worked fine in the 941, but not the other way around.
    Last edited by marshall; 04-14-2019 at 02:10 PM.

4 1/2 in to end of thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeschurman View Post
    isn't the 941s a compact and the threaded barrel is to make the barrel legal the lengthe?

You lost the cover, ? May be just a s easy to buy one of these and cut the front off, I paid a lot more when I got the gun.
    one of the fellows that shoots plastic, ie glocks LOL, with a short barrel used a small rubber O ring as a lock washer.
    I just tighten up by hand, but if a fellow was running a match, and lots of ammo , that may not be enough, to keep it tight. To remove the barrel, you have to take the thread cover off.
    Quote Originally Posted by jparent View Post
    These things are anything but standard, been trying to source/make a thread cap for one of these and can't even source a cutter that matches.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by gwhysow View Post
    Any word on the new IWI 941s with the frame safety?
    I thought the decocker slide safety would be more of a PITA than it actually is. What I really like about it is the slide is so small on my 941, and the .40 has a substantial spring, that the ambi slide safety gives me more "traction" to rack the pistol. A little more difficult to disengage, but out of the road when shooting. For some reason, Americans don't like slide decockers and Europeans do (Beretta and others come to mind).

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by marshall View Post
    I have one , I could check the pitch ( walle TPI) if I could find my gauge, tonight.
    It seems to work fine, but not indoors in a cement range, the sound is a bit much.

A pipe would be better, but you know, Ca. Also I like to think of the S as steel/ versa plastic.
    I don't like the safety/ hammer drop, but I don't use it anyway, but really like the gun.
    Later,
    I got used to it really quickly. The 941 steel pistols have such a great double action trigger. The decocker, I believe drops the hammer to 1/2 cock; you can decock then disingage the safety; this is what SIG pistols do.

I would like to know if new stock of the full size model is ever going to make it to Canada? Haven't been able to find anything but the goofy Pinocchio version for the last year I have been looking.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast