Page 25 of 72 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212223242526272829303132333545 ... LastLast

Thread: We need to support Maxime Bernier

BANNED
    Ain't never going to happen.

FF

Quote Originally Posted by TJspeller View Post
    Read his policies:
    http://www.maximebernier.com/making_...anadian_richer

Abolish the capital gains tax
    15% federal tax up to 100K, 25% after 100K.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Indeed. Seems pretty darn unlikely.

But it's a starting point to talk about tax reform.
    Or, we can keep dicking around with microchanges to the current system.

There is nothing written in stone to say that a capital gains tax must exist. New Zealand does not have one. Hong Kong doesn't either. Belgium also, I believe.
    CSSA CCFR CPC

BANNED
    Without Google-Fu, i don't know whether NZ HK or Belgium ever had a capital gains tax.

To revoke an existing tax, one of two things must happen: find another source of income to offset the lost tax revenue, or cut spending by the amount of the lost tax revenue. Which is more likely to occur?

Also, those income tax percentages are a pipe dream. $100,000 represents the 86th percentile. 86% earn 100,000 or less. What's getting taxed or coming out of the budget to make the up the difference?

FF

CGN Regular
    Read his policies:
    http://www.maximebernier.com/making_...anadian_richer

Abolish the capital gains tax
    15% federal tax up to 100K, 25% after 100K.
    Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    Ain't never going to happen.

FF
    It certainly could happen, the reason we had TFSA accounts at 11,000 was because of the CPC, right now as investors we are only getting taxed on %50 of our gains outside our TFSA's. The other %50 goes right in my pocket .... as it should. Investing is risky enough these days. Now were gonna get hammered for creating wealth out of thin air ?

SOLD !!! Bernier has my vote !!!!

CGN Regular
    Ya so... just joined for 5 years, and donated ... Im looking forward to being able to voice my opinion on the next leader of the CPC

Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    Without Google-Fu, i don't know whether NZ HK or Belgium ever had a capital gains tax.

To revoke an existing tax, one of two things must happen: find another source of income to offset the lost tax revenue, or cut spending by the amount of the lost tax revenue. Which is more likely to occur?

Also, those income tax percentages are a pipe dream. $100,000 represents the 86th percentile. 86% earn 100,000 or less. What's getting taxed or coming out of the budget to make the up the difference?

FF
    He wants to privatize, which would cut costs, however that would come at a price...I mentioned earlier I have a problem with privatizing certain services like health care.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 73582 View Post
    He wants to privatize, which would cut costs, however that would come at a price...I mentioned earlier I have a problem with privatizing certain services like health care.
    This is off topic, and I apologize, but for the record, and since I work in healthcare at a fairly high level, I feel obliged to note that in 2000 Canada had the 30th ranked healthcare system in the world. I doubt we've improved since then.

There are very few countries, and NONE in the civilized world except Taiwan, where only government can pay for basic healthcare. (i.e. one tier). Where is is AGAINST THE LAW for citizens to choose to use their own money, in their own country, to pay for their own healthcare.

Every European country has two tier healthcare. And they all perform better than us in almost any metric that you choose to use.

No one is saying to totally privatize healthcare. But the only sensible answer is two tier. Canadians have been fed a total line of BS about how great our system is, by the same people who tell us about many other things that are supposedly great, but we know are not. By the same people who shut down rational discussion about many other things using scare tactics and trigger words.
    Last edited by TJspeller; 02-17-2017 at 08:17 PM.
    CSSA CCFR CPC

CGN Regular
    This is off topic, and I apologize, but for the record, and since I work in healthcare at a fairly high level, I feel obliged to note that in 2000 Canada had the 30th ranked healthcare system in the world. I doubt we've improved since then.

There are very few countries, and NONE in the civilized world except Taiwan, where only government can pay for basic healthcare. (i.e. one tier). Where is is AGAINST THE LAW for citizens to choose to use their own money, in their own country, to pay for their own healthcare.

Every European country has two tier healthcare. And they all perform better than us in almost any metric that you choose to use.

No one is saying to totally privatize healthcare. But the only sensible answer is two tier. Canadians have been fed a total line of BS about how great our system is, by the same people who tell us about many other things that are supposedly great, but we know are not. By the same people who shut down rational discussion about many other things using scare tactics and trigger words.
    No like button so just have to say I agree 100%

Our second tier is in America. Increasingly for elective surgeries, diagnostics and certain orthopedic procedures Canadians are paying out of their own pocket to get it done stateside.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Claybuster View Post
    Our second tier is in America. Increasingly for elective surgeries, diagnostics and certain orthopedic procedures Canadians are paying out of their own pocket to get it done stateside.
    For sure. That's why I said: "Where is is AGAINST THE LAW for citizens to choose to use their own money, in their own country, to pay for their own healthcare. "

Is that right? Fair? And when you have your surgery in the US, and then end up in the ER in Canada to deal with issues that arise from the US surgery, is that fair to the Canadian taxpayers?

And the cost of healthcare in the US is 2-10 times the cost of the same services, equal quality 99% of the time, here. So Canadians are enriching the US , when they could be spending much less of their own money, and keeping the income (and tax revenue) in Canada.

It's just crazy. But people don't want to believe that any system other than our system can work better, no matter what their lying eyes, brains and evidence from all over the world tells them. Now THAT'S! successful propaganda.
    CSSA CCFR CPC