Page 39 of 72 FirstFirst ... 192931323334353637383940414243444546474959 ... LastLast

Thread: We need to support Maxime Bernier

I highly doubt the Conservatives will win the next election, the memories of Harper is still too strong for many. Any leader elected with strong right wing leanings will be branded as Trump like. Much as I like the idea of legalizing pepper spray and the like, the average Canadian will never accept that because of the many years in indoctrination against such things. What we need is a woman leading the party who's not a nutbag (leitch) or a young leader as much as I hate it with some of the qualities of Trudeau. There's two that fit the bill in the CPC party sadly they are not running. I like Maxime Bernier but he doesn't have a prayer against Trudeau as most Canadians continue to drink the Trudeau Koolaid.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money

We're not the public service of Canada, we're not just another department. We are the Canadian Forces, and our job is to be able to kill people.
    - Jul 2005
    - Gen Hillier, Chief of the Defence Staff

كافر

CGN Ultra frequent flyer savagefan's Avatar
    Memories of Harper? You mean accountability?, strong economy?, honesty? lower taxes? less gun control? I hope voters remember Harper next time around. What you're advocating is a CPC version of the current douche in charge. No thanks. Hopefully you folks out there will wise up before this country is completely ruined.
    Former Ford Fan

I haven't renewed a CPC membership lately, but I do intend to do so before end of month to support Maxime.

Just an FYI...if you can avoid it, *do not* give them your phone number, unless you like being harassed (and I do mean harassed) for additional donations every twenty minutes.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSyd View Post
    I haven't renewed a CPC membership lately, but I do intend to do so before end of month to support Maxime.

Just an FYI...if you can avoid it, *do not* give them your phone number, unless you like being harassed (and I do mean harassed) for additional donations every twenty minutes.
    No problem, just do what I did and tell them not to call. I haven't received one call after doing that.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    O'Leary is now saying Bernier is cheating with fake membership! Here we go down the rabbit hole!
    I am for Bernier out of this lot, he will have to tone down a bit to attract more of the center voters but we know where his heart is. I will not vote for O'Leary, in any election, ever!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Quote Originally Posted by GaryCaine View Post
    No problem, just do what I did and tell them not to call. I haven't received one call after doing that.
    Half a dozen increasingly irate requests to stop calling went unheeded...I wound up changing numbers.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSyd View Post
    Half a dozen increasingly irate requests to stop calling went unheeded...I wound up changing numbers.
    OK. Worked for me and not you.

So to others don't give out your phone number.

O"Leary has failed to impress me at all. His missing debates and interviews is disturbing. He used the excuse last week he couldn't fly to Winnipeg due to weather. Oddly my family made it from Toronto to Winnipeg with no problem. Maxime Berniers ideas are interesting. I will follow his campaign with interest.

Quote Originally Posted by kenoraeagle View Post
    O"Leary has failed to impress me at all. His missing debates and interviews is disturbing. He used the excuse last week he couldn't fly to Winnipeg due to weather. Oddly my family made it from Toronto to Winnipeg with no problem. Maxime Berniers ideas are interesting. I will follow his campaign with interest.
    O'Leary's interview earlier this week on CKOM with John Gormley did him no favours. He referred to an AR15 as an AK at least once, further muddying the waters, and got into some drawn out BS about suppressors affecting barrel harmonics, and that's why anyone that calls them self a target shooter wouldn't want one. On magazines, he stated that if you can't hit your target with five rounds, you should practice more.

[edit]
    Clarified which candidate I was referring to.
    Last edited by DarkSyd; 03-17-2017 at 01:12 PM.

Kellie's email

Dear Tyler,

Canada has a long-standing tradition of using firearms for hunting and for recreational purposes. My grandfather was a farmer in Manitoba. He hunted ducks and geese and was an active member of Ducks Unlimited. I grew up in Fort McMurray where hunting is a part of the fabric of life for many.

So I understand the importance of firearms to law-abiding Canadians right across this country. Very often, firearms are cherished possessions with a great deal of sentimental value, invoking memories of our parents and grandparents.

I supported the Harper government’s decision to scrap the long-gun registry and, as Prime Minister, I will never institute another. I believe the current regulations we have regarding firearms are adequate but I think we can improve the regulatory system in the following ways:

We should recognize that guns are personal property and should be treated as such by the government.

There is too much subjectivity in the classification system. It should be replaced with clear objective criteria to ensure certainty for gun owners.

Firearms classifications should not be the sole purview of the RCMP. Those decisions should be made by an organization made up of Canadian citizens including primarily those who use guns — farmers, sports shooters, and hunters — as well as law enforcement.

Gun licenses should be good for 10 years (from the current 5) to reduce the paperwork burden for law-abiding gun owners.

These are the policies that I will implement as Prime Minister.
    Parts highlighted where most significant.

I think Kellie is the ONLY option, especially as far as female PM candidates go. Navy Gunner? Say whatever you want but I'm telling you, I've looked high and low for "Justine" supporters in my neck of the woods and ever since all the scandals broke out and his true colors revealed? I can't find A SINGLE ONE OF HIS PEOPLE. Now I know you don't intend to beat people down with comments like the one you've made but that attitude of yours is what's wrong with this country! You've already resigned yourself over to defeat. That's just sad and weak. I can't find a damn thing to substantiate the defeatist claims of yours.
    Keep fighting the good fight!
    CCFR-CSSA-NFA. 12(2), 12(3), 12(4), 12(6.1), 12(7)..... <What???? Okay! Okay I'm dreaming. I'll probably NEVER get to join the PROHIB club.