Page 40 of 72 FirstFirst ... 203032333435363738394041424344454647485060 ... LastLast

Thread: We need to support Maxime Bernier

CGN Regular
    Couldn't you just block the numbers?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_1982's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSyd View Post
    Half a dozen increasingly irate requests to stop calling went unheeded...I wound up changing numbers.
    I can't tell you how many times I've told them to leave me alone. It's the sole reason I haven't donated or renewed my membership. They are worse than telemarketers!
    CSSA and CCFR member

I purchased my membership and will be voting for Mad Max, great policies and someone that actually understands firearm ownership.
    O'Leary should be stopped. I have faith Canada doesn't think being a celebrity qualifies you for politics -- I have faith but I'm still concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_1982 View Post
    I can't tell you how many times I've told them to leave me alone. It's the sole reason I haven't donated or renewed my membership. They are worse than telemarketers!
    You guys aren't doing it right.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerM View Post
    Kellie's email

Parts highlighted where most significant.

I think Kellie is the ONLY option, especially as far as female PM candidates go. Navy Gunner? Say whatever you want but I'm telling you, I've looked high and low for "Justine" supporters in my neck of the woods and ever since all the scandals broke out and his true colors revealed? I can't find A SINGLE ONE OF HIS PEOPLE. Now I know you don't intend to beat people down with comments like the one you've made but that attitude of yours is what's wrong with this country! You've already resigned yourself over to defeat. That's just sad and weak. I can't find a damn thing to substantiate the defeatist claims of yours.
    I'm a realist, not a defeatist. As such, I acknowledge reality and not just my own "reality" derived from anecdotal experience. The fact is that Justin Trudeau still has approval ratings in the high 40's according to multiple polls. (Those numbers are quite standard for a PM about a year and a half into his mandate.) And yes, whether justified or not, the Harper-hate is still strong in this country.
    Trudeau WILL be hard to beat, and beating him or putting his govn't in a minority position should be the ultimate goal.
    The Libs have basically taken the left from the NDP. The NDP is reacting by becoming an even farther left-wing party. The political center (and moderate right-of-center) is up for grabs. There must be a break from the past in order to bring all of those Blue-Liberals and strategic-voters (eg/ those who really wanted electoral reform) over to vote for the CPC. That's why I like Mike Chong...but he doesn't have a hope in hell, so Maxime is looking like the best bet. Nevertheless, if any other candidate looks better able to beat the Libs, then he or she will have my vote for leader.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Well, I'm in.

Bought a 1 year Party membership from Maxime Bernier's website. He'll have my vote!

I'm in too! I bought a membership and dontated an extra $15. The tax receipt gets you like half of it back. I don't know why but the tax return from political donations seems to be higher than any other. Let's go Max!

CGN frequent flyer
    Well after today's news, this is another nail in Bernier's coffin, I will not vote for someone that starts a 12 yearolds style of calling people names.
    This just shows you he does not have the intelligence to to handle a difference in opinion or someone else's ideas!

I couldn't agree more with you 220. Although as a longstanding supporter of the CPC, I would not have been voting for Mr. Bernier regardless of position on firearm reform. I am an avid enthusiast of the sport and owner of many restricted firearms, however I am more concerned about other very important issues which face many fellow Canadians such as being able to afford basic necessities (food,shelter,education,etc) that are typically driven through strong economical leadership. Although Mr.O'Leary is far from the perfect candidate, I feel he may be the best candidate to support if we would like to see an end to Trudeau leadership.
    As mentioned in a few prior posts, the Libs still have strong support numbers throughout Canada. Once again, Mr. O'Leary is far from perfect as a candidate, and most likely not going to affect firearm owners directly on related issues. But, all things considered, if he can run the country like a successful business and help ensure for a thriving economic future for all Canadians, he will have my vote. None the less it will be interesting to see if an apology will be issued to Mr. O'Leary for the childlike namecalling by Mr. Bernier since being proven correct on the voter rigging? Anyways, just my two cents. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by jljohnston79 View Post
    I couldn't agree more with you 220. Although as a longstanding supporter of the CPC, I would not have been voting for Mr. Bernier regardless of position on firearm reform. I am an avid enthusiast of the sport and owner of many restricted firearms, however I am more concerned about other very important issues which face many fellow Canadians such as being able to afford basic necessities (food,shelter,education,etc) that are typically driven through strong economical leadership. Although Mr.O'Leary is far from the perfect candidate, I feel he may be the best candidate to support if we would like to see an end to Trudeau leadership.
    As mentioned in a few prior posts, the Libs still have strong support numbers throughout Canada. Once again, Mr. O'Leary is far from perfect as a candidate, and most likely not going to affect firearm owners directly on related issues. But, all things considered, if he can run the country like a successful business and help ensure for a thriving economic future for all Canadians, he will have my vote. None the less it will be interesting to see if an apology will be issued to Mr. O'Leary for the childlike namecalling by Mr. Bernier since being proven correct on the voter rigging? Anyways, just my two cents. Cheers.
    I absolutely DO NOT TRUST either one of them. Bernier stooped to a whole new low with that conduct. O'Leary is a closet liberal, a wolf hiding in sheep's clothing. Kellie is the only option.
    Keep fighting the good fight!
    CCFR-CSSA-NFA. 12(2), 12(3), 12(4), 12(6.1), 12(7)..... <What???? Okay! Okay I'm dreaming. I'll probably NEVER get to join the PROHIB club.