Page 46 of 72 FirstFirst ... 263638394041424344454647484950515253545666 ... LastLast

Thread: We need to support Maxime Bernier

Been looking at the candidates. I think Maxime is probably the most appealing at this point. Signed up to support him. That said, I agree on enough issues with a number of them. Hell, tbh, even O'leary would still be 1000% better than anyone in the Liberal party and hes a damn sight better than half the conservative candidates. But Id prefer Bernier or O'toole

Quote Originally Posted by rikkards View Post
    The AR is a stretch (and for some reason I don't think our neighbors down south will like it), don't be greedy.
    Curious why you think the nation that lives and breathes firearms and freedom would not like Canada bring some common sense back into our firearms laws and re classifying the AR-15.
    In my opinion the Ar re classification and ending mag capacities would be 2 fine victories for gun enthusiasts. I obviously expect the CBC and most Liberals would be traveling the globe (at our expense of course) spreading their misinformation. However I think the majority of Americans would be happy, just as I am happy with every Liberal that gets their walking papers or repressive firearm law that gets defeated (even if it is of no benefit to me). Even if this is not happening in my country I always feel it helps keep momentum going in the right direction. As I said that is obviously only my opinion but I can't help but think it is not an uncommon thought for many a fine American.

CGN Regular
    Gonna give it a read tonite. But based on what you guys are talking about, he sounds good to me. I mean, ANYTHING has GOT to be better than "trudope" and his merry band of "libtards" eh ?

Got my membership to support maxime bernier. I think he his the most adequate candidate for the job and for our rights

You all realize he's a..."Conservative?"...Brrr, gave me shivers just typing it. How quick we forget the mess those a$$hats made of Canada.

He's a seasoned politician and well versed in "politics.' He fully knows the size of the demographic for firearms owners and he's simply looking for votes.
    Vote 'im in and an watch his tune change afterwards...Politics is synonymous with lying, and this guy is as real a politician as you can find. Suckled on Harper's teet for long enough.

(And No, I'm not a fekin Liberal loving hippy either!! )
    If selling on the EE, have the courtesy to reply to inquiries and properly DELETE the thread if sold -
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/924549-How-to-Properly-Edit-Your-EE-Ads-for-Removal

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Outdoor_Man View Post
    Bernier vows to destroy supply management and my livelihood.
    Every time I have to overpay for milk, eggs or chicken I want to destroy supply management. Happy to see a politician finally on-board.

I will likely vote for Bernier. His gun policy actually seems less appealing than some other candidates, like Scheer or O'Toole. But I actually get a better vibe that he would actually follow through on it, given the opportunity, rather than compromise at the request of his bureaucrats.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jericho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rikkards View Post
    They were screwed either way. As the saying goes you don't get the politician you need you get the one you deserve
    Yeah, but the less screwed, the better. Americans clearly saw Hillary for what she was. Trump related to the little forgotten guy, promised to protect gun right, and bring back factory jobs. That resonated well with voters.

As for Bernier.... I wonder if like O'leary - he says what he says to appeal to his voting masses, or does he honestly believe it deep down. Unfortunately, politics is politics. I'm not holding my breath for any of 'em.

I am voting for the candidate who I think will provide the best for my family and my neighbors, and the rest of Canada. That will be jobs, security, economy, healthcare. I do like firearms, so if that candidate also understands that the legal firearms owners in Canada are reasonable people, and they only ask for reasonable and practical restrictions on firearms bonus, big bonus....I need a job, a Dr, a thriving economy first...it would be nice to hunt with a Ar again..yes
    Last edited by hank2; 03-21-2017 at 06:51 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by BushmasterQc View Post
    ... the most adequate ...
    Nicely worded!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    Yeah, but the less screwed, the better. Americans clearly saw Hillary for what she was. Trump related to the little forgotten guy, promised to protect gun right, and bring back factory jobs. That resonated well with voters.

As for Bernier.... I wonder if like O'leary - he says what he says to appeal to his voting masses, or does he honestly believe it deep down. Unfortunately, politics is politics. I'm not holding my breath for any of 'em.
    Oh I agree he resonated well with the voters to bring the Jones back but they aren't coming back and if they do they will be fully automated. The idea of Joe Public getting a factory job is going the way of the buggy whip. I do agree they were marginalized by the DNC and that hope and change didn't happen (GOP Congress didn't help much blocking everything even if some of what was being proposed they would have as well). Automation is the next big thing that will change society just like the Internet did in the last 20 which is why Universal income is starting to be talked about. Also with latest about his campaign manager and the ties in the Ukraine just​ released has even his biggest fans starting to question.

Pretty much for politicians, I question all promises from all of them. I figure if Bernier comes through the best he can get is the RCMP no longer changing the rules. Nothing else will change but maybe new guns will get a better chance of no restricted. I hope to be proven wrong in that aspect