Page 53 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3343454647484950515253545556575859606163 ... LastLast

Thread: We need to support Maxime Bernier

Quote Originally Posted by t-star View Post
    who is willing to kill c-68 so I can get my uzi out of the safe a dn de-prohibit my m14s- I haven't seen anything from any of the candidates about being willing to modify the prohib list in any way-that's American m14, not the norinco
    You can vote for Brad Trost who promised "Firearms: Repeal C-68 . . . IN FULL"

Trost is a non starter.
    The religious right is like a free floating turd in the swimming pool of canadian politics.
    Their ideas on gay marriage and abortion are 500 pound anchors around a political parties neck.
    Ask preston manning.

We are voting for more rights of firearm, not for political correctness.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by bridgman View Post
    I'm still liking O'Toole as the best compromise between "good chance of getting elected" and "good chance of doing the right things if elected".
    O'Toole has no chance of getting elected.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    O'Leary's campaign has been a disaster in every way. He's said one stupid thing after another, alienated most conservatives, alienated Canadians, and after a hyped start has really gone nowhere. He's barely been in Canada most of the time, skipping debate after debate. He will never beat Trudeau, but it won't matter because he won't win this leadership anyway. He's done.
    CSSA CCFR CPC

I think any conservative candidate hoping to beat Trudeau will just have to sidestep social conservatism and double down on fiscal conservatism.
    The Liberals' bread & butter is that common association between Liberal = personal liberty/freedom, compared to the perception that conservative = repressive.
    And in 2017, Ward Cleaver ain't winning jack.

But fiscally, hey, everybody bitches about their taxes, so there's hope.
    Of course it helps if you avoid the Ontario PC approach of trumpeting your plan to reduce the size of government... by boasting about how many people will lose their jobs.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    Conservatives need to fight fire with fire. Who can they get who is of famous descent, is cute and cuddly with nice hair, and has absolutely no substance? That's what it will take to beat the Liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by essorx View Post
    O'Toole has no chance of getting elected.

As much as a snowball in a 'hot place'.
    And neither does bernier.
    In the 2019 election that is.
    O'leary might beat trudeau.
    The other cpc leadership candidates are doa as far as being future PMs.

A lot of people thought Trudeau had no chance , yet unfortunately here we are.

A lot of people said Trump had no chance , look who's president.

Bernier and O'toole both have way more credentials than our drama teacher PM and Bernier is an established politician.
    I pray to God they have a chance but unfortunately most people are too stupid to realize what's actually good for the country.
    I just wish a politician would come along that actually kept their word and did what was best for Canada no matter what , would be a nice change eh lol.

Also , just because many/most people believe or think something is best , doesn't mean it's right or actually best. The current liberal regime is a perfect example IMHO.
    The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer savagefan's Avatar
    I just wish a politician would come along that actually kept their word and did what was best for Canada no matter what , would be a nice change eh lol. We had him, but along came turdo.
    Former Ford Fan