Page 8 of 72 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: We need to support Maxime Bernier

Quote Originally Posted by sub40 View Post
    If Kevin O'Leary wins the CPC leadership you can forget about a Conservative government for the next few years.
    Agreed. No chance in hell that the masses would vote him in over a liberal candidate.

If he succeds. I hope AK and Dragunov will be legal again....
    Si vis pacem, para bellum. Veni vidi vici. Alea jacta est. Molon labe. Vae victis. Deus velox nex. Amat victoria curam. SUNT LACRIMAE RERUM ET MENTEM MORTALIA TANGUNT.

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    There is so much wrong with this. First, a truly conservative platform would doom the party. Ultra conservative just doesn't win many votes in this country, and to be any use to anyone, he needs to be able to win a majority. Second, you can't just end concessions to Quebec (or whatever you want to call them) as a lot of the underlying legislation would require agreement from all 10 provinces as well, and guess who'll never sign on to something like that...

If you expect to find a BETTER candidate, who specifically has very generous views on gun ownership/control (Because thats what really matters here, it is a gun forum after all) then please, tell us who's the best chance at winning an election. Because if they can't win an election then their are as useless to us as Jack Layton was to the NDP last election.

Last time I checked, job numbers weren't going down in this country. You need to lay off the....... Whatever the #### trump supporters are huffing, because you sound as stupid as one of them. Next up, alternative facts, and some bitching about voter fraud...
    Job numbers aren't going down? Full time positions being replaced with part time service and temp work. Also the main bitching about voter fraud was done by the Democrats after Trump won.

CGN Regular Animatronic Fireman's Avatar
    I was referring to his Facebook posts about it being unfair to the West.

His posts on Corporate Welfare and equalization are so hypocritical - he is trashing the Liberals for supporting Bombardier and his govt bailed out the auto sector.

This man lies and will say anything to get your money and vote.

The best Conservative MP running is Michael Chong - too bad he isn't going to win.

Quote Originally Posted by sub40 View Post
    Max's policy on equalization is the freeze it at current funding levels and then re-assess the formula to ensure it doesn't cause provincial dependency.

Is it so odd that a politician would recognize that equalization could do more harm than good to his own province?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Onagoth's Avatar
    I can't believe I haven't looked into Maxime's platform yet. I've always been a staunch libertarian and had to live with the fact that my preferred party can't seem to pull it together. Maxime's platform is quite amazing. He had me at "decentralizing and shrinking government"

This is the first candidate I've seen put words around shrinking government.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Farmboy's Avatar
    His posts on Corporate Welfare and equalization are so hypocritical - he is trashing the Liberals for supporting Bombardier and his govt bailed out the auto sector.
    He wasn't running the party then.
    Please note, my opinion could be biased based on past and present employment

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThorHavenFarm

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    Just remember that we lost more rights under the CPC than under Liberals.
    Which rights did we lose?

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Animatronic Fireman View Post
    Maxime is two faced, he said he wants to get rid of equalization payments - a MP from Quebec says he wants to get rid equalization.

He wants your money - don't waste it on him.
    How is he two-faced?

Bernier would be an excellent choice.

He has my vote. Hope he can beat out O'Leary though.. name recognition is huge in this race.

Took my membeeship card in order to vote for him
    Left wing, right wing, they belong to the same bird.