Page 9 of 72 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: We need to support Maxime Bernier

Quote Originally Posted by Animatronic Fireman View Post
    I was referring to his Facebook posts about it being unfair to the West.

His posts on Corporate Welfare and equalization are so hypocritical - he is trashing the Liberals for supporting Bombardier and his govt bailed out the auto sector.

This man lies and will say anything to get your money and vote.

The best Conservative MP running is Michael Chong - too bad he isn't going to win.
    Saskatchewan didnt get anything so not sure why your upset...and he appears to want to review the situation...his home province get the most...can make people lazy and not do their fare share. I am all for it if it makes sense mathematically.
    The only problem I have with privatization like health care and education is only the wealthy will get premium service... and the rest either wont be able to afford it or will suffer the consequences of poor, underfunded venues...
    as is already happening and been happening here in BC.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Farmboy's Avatar
    The only problem I have with privatization like health care and education is only the wealthy will get premium service... and the rest either wont be able to afford it or will suffer the consequences of poor, underfunded venues...
    as is already happening and been happening here in BC.
    The wealthy already get premium service in Canada just by flying to the US. We on the other hand already have to deal with 8hr wait times just to get a 5yr olds head stitched up.

I'd rather have the two options where if I could pay $250 to get stitches and be in and out in an hour I'd be extremely happy.
    Please note, my opinion could be biased based on past and present employment

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThorHavenFarm

CGN Regular Animatronic Fireman's Avatar
    He may not have been running the party, but he supported Harper's bailout.

Also - Equalization is one of the top issues in the West. This Quebec politician is trying to win us over - but come election time there is no way he is campaigning on reducing equalization benefits to Quebec to ease Western payments - he will end up like Ignatief and not win his seat.

I know what your saying, but thats alittle vague...what if its going to cost you another 4K per year to send your child to school, instead of stitches, you end up on a waiting list for major surgery or could fly down to the US for 80K and get it done quick.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    Just remember that we lost more rights under the CPC than under Liberals.
    How? Harper strengthened the self defense laws and got rid of the LGR.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Farmboy's Avatar
    How? Harper strengthened the self defense laws and got rid of the LGR.
    He's thinking of the old party under Kim Campbell
    Please note, my opinion could be biased based on past and present employment

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThorHavenFarm

CGN Regular
    The hell with the naysayers. I'm joining the CPC just to put in my vote for bernier. Best of the bunch IMO.

BANNED
    Just keep in mind, that although the vote is May 28th, you need to have purchased your membership by March 27ish

I can't remember the exact day, but just don't decide to leave getting your membership to the last minute.

EVERYONE needs to weigh in on this race! It'll be the best $15 bucks you ever spent.
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddler View Post
    It costs 15 bucks to become a member of the PC party to vote for party leadership. I believe the vote is may28th.

Firearm owners have an opportunity to participate in this and be pro-active. Make the most of it, because things can go very bad without our input.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by PatchRat View Post
    Just read over his policies. There's not a lot of stuff there that I can disagree with. He seems like about as close to libertarian as we're going to find in a candidate with an actual chance of winning. I happily sent him a donation.
    Closest thing we've had to a libertarian, in a long time (if ever).

I'm just sad. The firearms community is constantly being pandered to and we lick our lips to anyone who will hear us out, begging for our own voice, and even those who hear us just use us for their own agendas. I'm sick of being treated like a hand-out voter. I just like my hobby. Why can't politicians just leave us alone. =(