Page 17 of 72 FirstFirst ... 79101112131415161718192021222324252737 ... LastLast

Thread: We need to support Maxime Bernier

Quote Originally Posted by coldfire View Post
    well that was fast, got a reply from Maxime, regarding a few things about his policy on firearms though he didn't go into Cc/Oc. he did state that Ar--10,15 would be removed from the restricted list, and how he also felt that length should have nothing to do with making a firearm prohibited. this is a gold standard for others wanting to be leader to show us there platform on firearms!
    Can you share the text of the email with us?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Farmboy's Avatar
    This is his latest FB post....

Yesterday I announced a full firearms policy for Canada.

It would make many AR-15s non-restricted.

It would remove all magazine capacity limits.

It would take the power to reclassify firearms out of the RCMP and Cabinet, and make it so that all changes to classification require a change to the law, through the House of Commons and Senate.

And the media?

Not a chirp.

No news is good news.

It means that firearms are becoming less taboo in Canada.

And that’s a good thing.

Because we need rational discussion, not fiery emotions.

We need laws that make sense, and that are based on measurement and results.

Not laws based on fear.

It seems like the undeserved stigma against gun owners in Canada might finally be fading.

But freedom-lovers like myself can’t give up the fight.

Sincerely,

Maxime Bernier
    Please note, my opinion could be biased based on past and present employment

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThorHavenFarm

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Bernier has 0 chance of winning a general election. In Quebec he's a complete laughingstock. He's gonna lose ridings in Quebec compared to Harper 2015. His problem in Quebec is that we know him. The Joe Louis episode is still in everyone's memory. It's inconsequential but everyone has seen it and it made him look like what he is.

In Ontario he's also gonna lose a couple of seats compared to 2015. He's too far right for the GTA and the ottawa area, and it'll be the status quo in the less populated area.

His only hope would be a rise of the NDP in Ontario and Quebec (or a resurgence of the bloc in QC, but that won't happen) to take some votes from the liberals. Counting on one of your opponent to weaken the other is a losing strategy.

A bit of Quebec-bashing (which has started in this very thread) and it's an easy victory for the liberals in Ont, BC, sask, mani and atlantic. Every close call of 2015 will go red if Bernier is leading the pcc.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post

And the media?

Not a chirp.

No news is good news.

Seriously? I think the defeaning silence means the canadians hired a new coach and the rest of canada couldn't care any less about bernier.

CGN frequent flyer
    I like many of his proposals, though the one about reimbursing firearms owners for losses in the past seemed a but much. I say this comparing it to other issues where the government seems to want to pay damages for things that happened 2 generations ago. How should the 2017 taxpayer be paying for residential school mistakes of the 1960's? As a general precedent I don't like it, just as I don't like forking over taxes to say 'sorry' for governmental mistakes from before I was the age to vote or campaign about the matter at hand, never mind even born at all.

So far I'm liking the guy, and with his French name he will experience less prejudice from Quebec voters, not that there's any prejudice against the west there........... Then again having read some more posts in this thread I was not aware of how they might already view him there........

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    Bernier has 0 chance of winning a general election. In Quebec he's a complete laughingstock. He's gonna lose ridings in Quebec compared to Harper 2015. His problem in Quebec is that we know him. The Joe Louis episode is still in everyone's memory. It's inconsequential but everyone has seen it and it made him look like what he is.

In Ontario he's also gonna lose a couple of seats compared to 2015. He's too far right for the GTA and the ottawa area, and it'll be the status quo in the less populated area.

His only hope would be a rise of the NDP in Ontario and Quebec (or a resurgence of the bloc in QC, but that won't happen) to take some votes from the liberals. Counting on one of your opponent to weaken the other is a losing strategy.

A bit of Quebec-bashing (which has started in this very thread) and it's an easy victory for the liberals in Ont, BC, sask, mani and atlantic. Every close call of 2015 will go red if Bernier is leading the pcc.

easy victory for the liberals in Sask you say?

no.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scopecut View Post
    Job numbers aren't going down? Full time positions being replaced with part time service and temp work. Also the main bitching about voter fraud was done by the Democrats after Trump won.
    Full time jobs in Canada by recent year (2012 to 2016): 14,133.2 14,314.2 14,369.9 14,559.3 14,612.2 (thousands)
    Part time jobs in Canada by recent year (2012 to 2016): 3,304.7 3,376.9 3,432.3 3,387.3 3,467.7 (again, this is thousands)
    Source: StatsCan. http://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tabl...abor12-eng.htm

You are totally right. We are losing so many jobs....

As for voter fraud...

Trump has called for an investigation into voter fraud, claiming between 3 and 5 million illegal votes were cast, and thats the only reason he lost the popular vote. And yet there is absolutely ZERO evidence of widespread voter fraud.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...ter-fraud.html

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/12/politi...p-voter-fraud/

https://www.apnews.com/d7ed5c6a7c704...-of-vote-fraud

Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post

Yesterday I announced a full firearms policy for Canada.

It would make many AR-15s non-restricted.

It would remove all magazine capacity limits.

It would take the power to reclassify firearms out of the RCMP and Cabinet, and make it so that all changes to classification require a change to the law, through the House of Commons and Senate.

And the media?

Not a chirp.

No news is good news.

And that’s a good thing.

Because we need rational discussion, not fiery emotions.

We need laws that make sense, and that are based on measurement and results.

Not laws based on fear.

It seems like the undeserved stigma against gun owners in Canada might finally be fading.

But freedom-lovers like myself can’t give up the fight.

Sincerely,

Maxime Bernier
    Thats what Trudeau promised us right? Fact based legislation? lol
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    easy victory for the liberals in Sask you say?

no.
    Easy national victory because he can't turn any more riding blue than harper did in 2015. In sask and everywhere else.

It's not like sask had any importance anyway. Elections are won and lost in Ontario.

I just got a one year membership card! Let`s see the outcome...
    The killick
    NFA Member
    CSSA Member
    FQT Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    Easy national victory because he can't turn any more riding blue than harper did in 2015. In sask and everywhere else.

It's not like sask had any importance anyway. Elections are won and lost in Ontario.
    Tell that to Quebec.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.