Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally got to assemble and try my dueling tree.

Finally got to assemble and try my dueling tree.

I ordered a dueling tree from you guys during the Christmas free shipping. Finally put it together and tried it out.

No I didn't try it inside the house. Lol
    It seems very well built and like it will last a very long time. I'm really happy with my purchase.

I just had one question for you guys. I would like to set it up at like 200-400 yards and shoot with semi automatic rifles. Do you think it will hold up to this or would it start to break down? What calibers would be to much?

Ok one more question are the knotches in the legs so you can stake it down so it doesn't move when shot with larger calibers?

Thanks Ryan.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Have a 6" dueling tree at the range at 10m. 44Mag will swing top 3 plates, awesome.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

Super Moderator
    Use with a rifle? The paddles would probably be OK, don't know about the post. What is it made from? If it is mild steel, there is going to be damage.

AR500 Armored, 300fps

Quote Originally Posted by Rstjean View Post
    I ordered a dueling tree from you guys during the Christmas free shipping. Finally put it together and tried it out.

No I didn't try it inside the house. Lol
    It seems very well built and like it will last a very long time. I'm really happy with my purchase.

I just had one question for you guys. I would like to set it up at like 200-400 yards and shoot with semi automatic rifles. Do you think it will hold up to this or would it start to break down? What calibers would be to much?

Ok one more question are the knotches in the legs so you can stake it down so it doesn't move when shot with larger calibers?

Thanks Ryan.
    Looks like it is this tree.
    Ar500 ,armored. Rifles up to 3000fps.
    http://xmetaltargets.com/product/dueling-tree-armor/

Please keep updating how this tree works.
    Still kicking myself for not having funds available when free shipping was on.
    Did manage to get a box of 1000 9mm 147gr Hi-Tek ammo.
    Only used 200 rounds so far but working great in everything.

Quote Originally Posted by bsrcuda View Post
    Looks like it is this tree.
    Ar500 ,armored. Rifles up to 3000fps.
    http://xmetaltargets.com/product/dueling-tree-armor/
    Yeah that's the one I didn't read the rifle part. Lol my bad.

Rifles up to 3000ftper second seems like a pretty broad statement my 338 lapua magnums muzzle velocity is under that.

CGN Regular
    Speed kills metal targets and armor. A 22-250 will burn right through those plates but a .308 will just swing them with authority.

Common sense on the distance will also be helpful to target life.

I finally got out to try my dueling tree with pistol and rifle. The pistols work very good as expected the only thing that would have made it better would have been if I was a better shot with my pistol. Lol for the rifle I shot it with 308 win 223 and I let some other guy at the range try with his 22lr. The 308 didn't mark the plates much at 100 yards but it would flip them so hard that they would go over then back or multiple targets would flip at once. Maybe at like 300-400 yards the 308 would work better. The 223 work awesome at 100 yards it would flip the targets nice it marked up the target about the same as my 308 win. The 22lr at 100 yards wouldn't hardly move the plates but that was to be expected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast