Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can I apply for PAL and RPAL on the same application or do I need to send two?

Quote Originally Posted by Power Mullet View Post
    I had a similar question, I went and did my PAL course and then did my RPAL a week later. So, I have two manila envelopes with the paperwork from each in them. I gather I only need to pay the 80, but do I need to send in both sets of paperwork or just the RPAL paperwork?
    I did both of my non-restricted and restricted courses back to back on a weekend. Received two copies of the application back from CFO to submit to RCMP. I sent them both in together (Both for NR and R classes), along with the $80 and received my PAL 6 weeks later with no issues or delays.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by dan240 View Post
    Another question along the same lines; I just passed my RPal and also need to renew my pal before Jan. Can i just submit everything for the rpal and they will renew or is that giving them too much credit?
    Renewing a license is a separate process than applying for a new one. By adding R to your existing PAL, the CFP will treat this as a new license. When issued, it should be good for five years, meaning your PAL SHOULD automatically update with it. There is only one license, and there is only one expiry.

Worst case scenario, you add the R to your PAL, and it expires in January, at which point you need to renew, but at least then you will be renewing the full RPAL.

But I expect that because you are already in the renewal zone, they should just give you a new license with RPAL good for five years.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

I have to renew my pal and I can't remember how to go about it any help in this regard?

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzlejammer View Post
    I have to renew my pal and I can't remember how to go about it any help in this regard?
    Arguing with a women is like slamming your head on a post feels good when you stop!

Quote Originally Posted by sokeihitoshi View Post
    You can apply for both at the same time. $80 is the combined fee, but if you apply only for your PAL and do your RPAL later, you will need to pay $60 now and $80 later. I don't think you're able to get a RPAL without a PAL anyway...
    Oh!
    Thank you so much**Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum**
    Hi Everyone
    My name is Nadine Khan

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzlejammer View Post
    The RCMP firearm website will tell you. It's super easy to do online.

https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/firear...al-individuals
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

Renewing your PAL (Possession and Acquisition Licence) involves a few steps. First, make sure to complete and submit the renewal application form (RCMP 5614/5615) either online or by mail**Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum** Don't forget to include the required fee and a recent photo if needed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12