Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I apply for PAL and RPAL on the same application or do I need to send two?

Can I apply for PAL and RPAL on the same application or do I need to send two?

From what I read on their application help I could't find a real answer. In section A 2b) (where you check what are you applying for) you can check both non-restricted and restricted, but then in the fee section you can select only the $60 fee (which applies to non-restricted) or $80 (restricted). Can someone who did this recently enlighten me?
    I apologize in advance if this is actually written somewhere and I just didn't see it.

Thank you!

You can apply for both at the same time. $80 is the combined fee, but if you apply only for your PAL and do your RPAL later, you will need to pay $60 now and $80 later. I don't think you're able to get a RPAL without a PAL anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by sokeihitoshi View Post
    You can apply for both at the same time. $80 is the combined fee, but if you apply only for your PAL and do your RPAL later, you will need to pay $60 now and $80 later. I don't think you're able to get a RPAL without a PAL anyway...
    That makes sense.

Thank you for the reply!

ha.. be sure to send all the necessary paperwork if you check the box for RPAL...the way these clowns drag their asses you wont find out that its being held up for about two weeks

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by sokeihitoshi View Post
    If you do a PAL, then get your RPAL, you can get a reduced fee if it is within a time limit (I forget the limit) rather than the full amount for both licenses. I paid $60 for my PAL, then 6 months after that $40 for my RPAL.

Quote Originally Posted by dacron View Post
    If you do a PAL, then get your RPAL, you can get a reduced fee if it is within a time limit (I forget the limit) rather than the full amount for both licenses. I paid $60 for my PAL, then 6 months after that $40 for my RPAL.
    But if I can send all the paperwork at the same time and pay $80, why should I wait 6 months?

Another question along the same lines; I just passed my RPal and also need to renew my pal before Jan. Can i just submit everything for the rpal and they will renew or is that giving them too much credit?

If you get your RPAL it includes you PAL no need to apply for both.

Thank you for the answers guys!

I had a similar question, I went and did my PAL course and then did my RPAL a week later. So, I have two manila envelopes with the paperwork from each in them. I gather I only need to pay the 80, but do I need to send in both sets of paperwork or just the RPAL paperwork?
    Last edited by Power Mullet; 03-11-2017 at 12:38 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast