Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 X-Five

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by anoxia View Post
    Thanks for your input. I have a pre-order for the P320 X-Five as well but I'm wondering if I should switch it to the X-VTAC.
    As far as the qualification for IPSC part, there is a 5 page thread on the Brian Enos forum that goes into quite a bit of detail on the various rule books.

I prefer the X5 due to the 5 inch bull barrel(4.7 inch standard profile barrel on VTAC), as well as the fact that the X5 is Romeo1 optic compatible, and has the extended slide catch lever(reduced slide catch lever on VTAC).
    Cathy

I thought the VTAC had a heavy match barrel as well, at least the best I remember when checking it out. You are correct, it is 4.7" with a slide to match.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RC Fan View Post
    As far as the qualification for IPSC part, there is a 5 page thread on the Brian Enos forum that goes into quite a bit of detail on the various rule books.
    I prefer the X5 due to the 5 inch bull barrel(4.7 inch standard profile barrel on VTAC), as well as the fact that the X5 is Romeo1 optic compatible, and has the extended slide catch lever(reduced slide catch lever on VTAC).
    The link I posted is the current and official IPSC production division list. It clearly shows what and what isn't approved for production in IPSC. So far the P320 X-Five is not approved. I agree with you about the barrel and the features on the X-Five and is the reason I love my X-Five allround. I would love to have a striker fired X-Five for IPSC but I'm leaning towards the continued use of my Allround and get the 320 X-Five vice the X-VTAC. I'm wondering being 320 X-series if they share the same FCU? I'm actually surprised that the VTAC might not have a match barrel even though its 4.7". Whatever I choose has to stop my wife from flaunting her PPQ Q5 Match.

CGN Regular
    Oh wow. I'd known about the X-five but somehow missed the VTAC model. Damn. That officially has my interest, maybe even over the VP9...

CGN Regular
    I'm wondering being 320 X-series if they share the same FCU? I'm actually surprised that the VTAC might not have a match barrel even though its 4.7". Whatever I choose has to stop my wife from flaunting her PPQ Q5 Match.
    Same FCU as far as I know. I can't find any mention online or in the 2017 SIG Catalog that the Carry or the VTAC have bull barrels.

Gotta love the Allround, so I appreciate your dilemma.
    Cathy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    X5 cant be on the list cause it doesnt really exists yet. only demo models are out there. now i looks like they are shipping, so it should meet the requirements of a mass produced gun.

Quote Originally Posted by P0WERWAGON View Post
    X5 cant be on the list cause it doesnt really exists yet. only demo models are out there. now i looks like they are shipping, so it should meet the requirements of a mass produced gun.
    The 320, RX and target are approved but the 320 X-five is not probably due to the magwell. VTAC is not mentioned yet though. Sig coordinates with IDPA and IPSC. Click the IPSC link I posted and scroll down to sig and look for yourself. I'm happy to see my LDC is approved as well.
    Last edited by anoxia; 03-28-2017 at 11:37 PM.

I hear that the 320 X-Fives are starting to ship in the US. I hope MDC is able to get their hands on a shipment soon.

CGN Regular
    I hear that the 320 X-Fives are starting to ship in the US. I hope MDC is able to get their hands on a shipment soon.
    Yes, they are shipping now in the States. The reviews are good! Very excited to get mine!
    Cathy

RC Fan, where did you pre-order yours?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast