Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 X-Five

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by anoxia View Post
    RC Fan, where did you pre-order yours?
    Mine is coming from my local dealer through MD Charlton.

Here is some info posted on the Brian Enos forum on the P320 X5 thread by Phil Strader himself:

Posted 7 hours ago
    A lot of good info here about the 320 X-Five...I'm glad everyone likes it.

Just to address some of the comments I've read:

The 320 Target was the direction things were headed before I was hired. I stopped it to ensure we had complete modularity AND a trigger that wouldn't be a possible liability for the 80%+ end users who weren't competitive shooters.

The USPSA Carry Optic and Production paperwork was submitted to DNROI yesterday, but I'm not sure if it's been updated yet. I'm sure Troy is busy at WSSC. The weight submitted (without the magwell) is 33.5oz.

Robert Ray stopped by the booth during the NRA, and confirmed that the 320X-Five would be legal in ESP with the magwell, and SSP without the magwell. I'll be sending him an email confirming current production/shipping numbers tomorrow to get confirmation.

NRA declared it legal in Production as is with the magwell...with exception to the magazines, since the don't fit in the box.

The four 21rd mags that come with the gun fits with the magwell, and is a better selling point for most of our purchasers.

The guns are very tight to ensure extreme accuracy, but are built to work ideally with SAAMI standard ammo. Building a pistol to work best with 130PF handloads would result in a gun that would be awful to shoot standard Ammo out of (what 80+% of our customers will shoot). They will break in after 500 rounds or so. Mine works with everything now...including 115gr light WSSC ammo.

Our current 17rd 9mm mags have been redesigned to fit in the X-series grip modules (minus the magwell). Springer Precision and Taran Tactical are working on base pads/extensions for the standard mags that will fit in the Magwell AND the box.

We're currently working on getting molds made for small & large X-series grip modules, but won't be finished/avail until 2018. We want to get the guns out there to help our customers realize that the X-series is more than just a cool grip module.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Phil

Source: http://forums.brianenos.com/index.ph...omment=2768530
    Last edited by RC Fan; 05-05-2017 at 05:43 AM.
    Cathy

Damn, I want one even more now. I just picked up a shadow 2 so at least I have something new to compare to my LDC and allround while I wait.

Has the RCMP even added this firearm to the FRT yet?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saskatchewan Kid View Post
    Has the RCMP even added this firearm to the FRT yet?
    Since the fire control unit is considered the gun in this instance, and the P320 X-Five and P320 share the same FCU, I don't think an additional FRT would be required.
    Cathy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    it will get its own FRT, however, none exist yet in Canada, so until the importer brings one in, they cannot submit for an FRT.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by RC Fan View Post
    Mine is coming from my local dealer through MD Charlton.
    How were they able to order it? My LGS can't even get a listing for one becoming available through MD Charlton?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rkm456 View Post
    How were they able to order it? My LGS can't even get a listing for one becoming available through MD Charlton?
    See page 1 of this thread. MDC has some on pre-order. I'd suggest asking your dealer again. I always find having SKU/item number to be helpful--it is 320X5-9-BAS.
    Cathy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    See page 1 of this thread. MDC has some on pre-order. I'd suggest asking your dealer again. I always find having SKU/item number to be helpful--it is 320X5-9-BAS.
    They also said this:
    We have no pricing or time frame yet
    It's nothing personal, but there's no shortage of people who've been waiting on pre-orders for literal years.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rkm456 View Post
    They also said this:

It's nothing personal, but there's no shortage of people who've been waiting on pre-orders for literal years.
    No worries! My theory is why not pre-order? I pre-ordered my P226 Legion SAO. I received it approximately 3 months after it began shipping to customers in the States.
    Cathy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    No worries! My theory is why not pre-order? I pre-ordered my P226 Legion SAO. I received it approximately 3 months after it began shipping to customers in the States.
    Certainly nothing wrong with trying. I'm just frustrated that it's so hard to get an MSRP on something, lol.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast