Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 X-Five

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by sspowr View Post
    who are you kidding.......you're going to buy one regardless of the MSRP LOL

its one sexy gun!
    $1k or less, probably. Over $1k it starts to lose it's appeal to me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by rkm456 View Post
    I really wish they'd stop being so coy with the MSRP.
    MD Charlton is the distributor so they aren't going to set a price. Hopefully the Canadian retailers keep it reasonable.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich LPS View Post
    Ok, I've handled the VTAC at SHOT extensively, pretty sure it had the custom bull barrel just like the Full Size X5. Looked at so many items and I'll check with a buddy but pretty certain it had the heavy custom barrel, that's why I liked it so much. Also in a bit smaller "duty" style gun, with great fibre optic sights. It doesn't specifically state so in the catalog but they only have brief info in there.

Rich
    https://youtu.be/d78IfH0aERc

Decent shot of the end of the barrel in this video--does not appear to be a bull barrel.
    Cathy

Ya, I watched all the videos on YouTube and the only thing I could see/hear was all x series come with a crown barrel

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rkm456 View Post
    $1k or less, probably. Over $1k it starts to lose it's appeal to me personally.
    what world do you live in where the US MSRP is $1k, but in Canada it will be less when our dollar is ~0.65 USD?

Hi RC Fan, sorry but just talked to my buddy we are certain that the VTAC had a heavy bull barrel. I guess the difference is we have actually held and examined it and are not just going off of instagram or reading about it. Sometime what they display at the show will be different than what goes into production.

Example: the P320 X5 full size from the 2016 Shot Show had an exceptional flat trigger breaking at barely 3 lbs (these triggers were done by Bruce Gray). At the 2017 Shot Show the P320 X5 full size guns had flat triggers but they were breaking well above 5 lbs and were not even close to the quality of the 2016 displayed guns.

Having said this time will tell what goes into the production VTAC P320's, but what they displayed was nearly identical to the P320 X5 full size. All they did was make the slide & barrel just under 5 inchs, color the slide FDE, mark in VTAC and not have the rear plate removable to accept an RMR. The profile of the slide & Frame were the same as the Full Size P320 X5.

All I am doing is trying to provide accurate information as to what was examined at Shot 2017 and not speculate based on internet info or pictures.

Rich

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich LPS View Post
    Hi RC Fan, sorry but just talked to my buddy we are certain that the VTAC had a heavy bull barrel. I guess the difference is we have actually held and examined it and are not just going off of instagram or reading about it. Sometime what they display at the show will be different than what goes into production.

Example: the P320 X5 full size from the 2016 Shot Show had an exceptional flat trigger breaking at barely 3 lbs (these triggers were done by Bruce Gray). At the 2017 Shot Show the P320 X5 full size guns had flat triggers but they were breaking well above 5 lbs and were not even close to the quality of the 2016 displayed guns.

Having said this time will tell what goes into the production VTAC P320's, but what they displayed was nearly identical to the P320 X5 full size. All they did was make the slide & barrel just under 5 inchs, color the slide FDE, mark in VTAC and not have the rear plate removable to accept an RMR. The profile of the slide & Frame were the same as the Full Size P320 X5.

All I am doing is trying to provide accurate information as to what was examined at Shot 2017 and not speculate based on internet info or pictures.

Rich
    I understand where you are coming from. I was also fortunate enough to hold the gun at Shot Show 2017.

Bruce Gray has explained that the heavier trigger pull was to allow the gun to be used in several different competitive shooting leagues.
    Cathy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by P0WERWAGON View Post
    what world do you live in where the US MSRP is $1k, but in Canada it will be less when our dollar is ~0.65 USD?
    Street price and msrp aren't the same thing. They'll probably be about 800 bucks USD. $1k-1100 is about what they should be here. Also, our dollar is .75 not .65. You really don't need to be so angry all the time.

You are correct on the trigger pull. Bruce Gray is an NRA competitor and most NRA disciplines are limited to 3.5 lbs. Move to IPSC / Production and it's a different story.

Rich

any of these in stock yet?

ive called several elite sig dealers and no one has seen one
    Last edited by gsteve; 06-28-2017 at 06:30 PM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast